Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Send emails to those who have clicked specific link in an email

Level 1

Hi,

I'm interested in knowing how I can email contacts who have clicked a specific link in an email.

I have looked at the query in Campaign and can see I can only check contacts who have clicked within an email, but not a specific link.

Any help would be appreciated...rather surprised the query doesn't have a specific link field.

Thanks

Dean

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You should be able to do that by querying your database like that:

1441204_pastedImage_0.png

• select people who 'clicked' in a specific email (to make sure you only get those from that email, in case you have several link with the same label in different deliveries)
  • select those who have generated a tracking log where the label of the tracking log is "abc", where "abc" is usually the label of the link defined in your delivery.

Let me know if that'd work for you.

Florent

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Dean,

If you don't mind to use html code, you can add _label attribute on a specific link what then you can query within the Tracking log.
f,e.: <a href="#" _label="label_to_query" >

Note that the tracking data can take up to 1 hour to update in ACS. My experience is that it is updated within 15 minutes.
Alternatively you could use the url to query but then it would include every link with the same URL.

Regards,
Norbert

Level 1

Hi Norbert,

I guess I should have given more context.

In an ideal world, what I wanted to achieve was do an email send, track who clicked a specific link in that email, and then build an audience to retarget to.

Just as a FYI I am using Campaign Standard.

Any idea how this would be possible? Thanks!

Level 3

I think you can create a Script that can do that.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You should be able to do that by querying your database like that:

1441204_pastedImage_0.png

• select people who 'clicked' in a specific email (to make sure you only get those from that email, in case you have several link with the same label in different deliveries)
  • select those who have generated a tracking log where the label of the tracking log is "abc", where "abc" is usually the label of the link defined in your delivery.

Let me know if that'd work for you.

Florent