Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Schema Attribute Default Not Working

Level 1

Hi there,

im trying to define a schema attribute with a default value. I updated my input form to show this new attribute.

The attribute is shown but is blank, the default value did not take into account.

This is my attribute tag setting:

--FIRST TRY----

<attribute default="50" desc="" label="Offer Validity Days" name="offerValidityDays" type="long"/>

--SECOND TRY----

<attribute default="1" label="Offer Validity Days 1" name="offerValidityDaysNew"  type="string"/>

None of them seems to work.

Any advice?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello stefanoc17252495​,

Looking at the documentation,

,you probably have to use also sqlDefault, same as default attribute, in your schema definition.

Marcel

Hi Marcel ,

thank you for the quick reply.

I need to use the "default" attribute, because i need to pre-fill that field with a dynamic value when creating an entity.

Im not able to make this simple "default" attribute working. 

Community Advisor

Hello,

Try to add <attribute sqlDefault="1" default="1"

Default is for the form so the user can see it and sqlDefault is to write default to database

Marcel

Level 10

Hi,

What Marcel suggested will work in the schema but If you are using the form to create this entity then you should use default in the form or use set in for to set a value while creating a form.

Regards,

Amit