Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Retrieving list of complaints accrued during a campaign

Level 1

Hi Community,

The documentation states that an email address with status On denylist is a result of feedback loops.

There is a delivery failure type "Address on denylist" but that seems to be for email address that was added to the denylist at the time of sending. Is there a delivery failure type we should be using for email that was marked as spam in that delivery?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sengsiong,

My apologies, I was in Campaign Classic mode when replying. Things are slightly different in ACS.

You want the Reason of "Refused" from your screenshot above, the failure type should be a "hard" bounce, and the message should contain "inbound e-mail bounce."

craigthonis_0-1647346523780.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Sengsiong,

The "Address on denylist" is for the exclusions which occurs during the execution of the typology rules on the delivery during the preparation phase. If you are looking for the recipients who specifically marked your delivery as spam or unsubscribe than you want to look at the nms:broadlogrcp table (if looking for a specific delivery) or the nms:address table (if you want to see institution wide). In nms:address addresses with a status of "Denylisted" with an error reason of "Denylisted address." Most if not all should also have text stating "Inbound email bounce rule." For nms:broadlogrcp you will want to look for entries with a status of "Failed" and a reason of "Denylisted address." Note that the reason field comes from the nms:broadlogmsg table which is linked to the broadlogrcp table.

Regards,

Craig

Level 1

Hi Craig,

I'm able to set up a query with resource pointing to nms:broadlogrcp; plus setup a filter for delivery status of "Failed".

However,  I am unable to locate the references to nms:broadlogmsg table in the query. Is it named differently in the query explorer?

Sengsiong_0-1647322367155.png

There is a Nature of failure (failureReason) in delivery logs. But it doesn't have the reason "Denylisted address"

Sengsiong_3-1647323111338.png

regards,

Sengsiong

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sengsiong,

My apologies, I was in Campaign Classic mode when replying. Things are slightly different in ACS.

You want the Reason of "Refused" from your screenshot above, the failure type should be a "hard" bounce, and the message should contain "inbound e-mail bounce."

craigthonis_0-1647346523780.png

Level 1

Hi Craig,

Using the criteria failure type "Hard" and Nature of failure "Refused", there was no results.

Sengsiong_1-1647402934819.png

However, if we switch the query resource to addressStatus and use the following criteria. We are able to find some addresses that had the error text "email inbound bounce".

Sengsiong_2-1647403031910.png

Sengsiong_3-1647403300897.png

Would filtering the quarantined address by status "on denylist", error text contains "inbound email bounce" and last delivery "<our target campaign>" be an proper alternative?

regards,

Sengsiong

Employee Advisor

It absolutely would Sengsiong. You can use the filter as you suggest to locate the inbound bounces.

Level 1

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the help!

regards,

Sengsiong