Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Remove user from security group in Adobe Campaign and Admin Console

Level 1

In the Adobe Admin Console, I removed user ABC from the profile "secGroup1", but they are still in the profile "secGroup2". I asked them to log in to Adobe Campaign Standard, as this, according to this post should propagate the changes to ACS. But in ACS they are still part of both security groups (secGroup1 and secGroup2).

We have this problem with a lot of former employees. They are not Users anymore in the Adobe Admin Console, but still have a user profile in ACS and are part of the security groups. We sent out a testing mail to all users of "secGroup1", triggered by a failed workflow. Users that were in the security group in ACS, but don't have access to Adobe anymore through the Admin Console have gotten the mail. Why is this the case? According to the information I found, they an be lingering in the Users in ACS, but if they don't have access to Adobe anymore they shouldn't receive a mail.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tabea1, I have tested this and user sync is working as expected. For example, I had a security group 1 & 2 and added a user to both the security group. Removed the user from security group 1 from the admin console and got reflected on the ACS security group 1 after a fresh login.

In case, if you see any issues with the user sync when you remove certain users from the security group via the admin console and not getting reflected in the ACS security group open an Adobe support ticket.

Another scenario is where you remove a user (directly under the users section) from the admin console will be seen on the security group within ACS. As they will not be able to login anymore those addresses will be persisted in the ACS security group.

Also, have a look at these conditions to make sure secGroup1 & 2 are satisfied.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/administrating/users-and-security/ma...

SatheeskannaK_0-1698101878939.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@tabea1, I have tested this and user sync is working as expected. For example, I had a security group 1 & 2 and added a user to both the security group. Removed the user from security group 1 from the admin console and got reflected on the ACS security group 1 after a fresh login.

In case, if you see any issues with the user sync when you remove certain users from the security group via the admin console and not getting reflected in the ACS security group open an Adobe support ticket.

Another scenario is where you remove a user (directly under the users section) from the admin console will be seen on the security group within ACS. As they will not be able to login anymore those addresses will be persisted in the ACS security group.

Also, have a look at these conditions to make sure secGroup1 & 2 are satisfied.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/administrating/users-and-security/ma...

SatheeskannaK_0-1698101878939.png

Thanks, Sathees