Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Putting PKEY into content block

Level 3

We are having an issue with a landing page, that when using a landing page link in an email it doesn't pass through the PKEY at all, and so the landing page doesn't load. If the profile being sent to is linked to a Campaign User then it works. Support haven't been able to find a solution yet. The most recent recommendation was to use a content block instead with something like:

pkey=<%= escapeUrl(context.targetData.cusClient.PKey)%>

I've tried multiple variations of this such as:

pkey=<%= escapeUrl(context.profile.PKey) %>

pkey=<%= context.PKey %>

So far none of them have worked. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

This has been resolved with @SatheeskannaK support. The issue was to do with the forms custom HTML which was breaking the functionality, it needed to be rebuild cloning elements of the pre-existing template to prevent it from happening.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @michaelwilding,

Are you able to load landing page with test profile successfully? and did you look at through debug mode?

SatheeskannaK_1-1671583174147.png

If you could elaborate on when you say it works when included in the campaign that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Sorry, I should have said, it works perfectly with test profiles and no errors in the debug mode. If I take the URL from an email and manually add a pkey to it, then it works correctly. The issue seems to be the pkey isn't coming across. It doesn't come across if I simply use the Landing Page link in an email. I wasn't completely certain my structure for adding it to the URL in a content block (above) was correct?

Community Advisor

Syntax that i used works on both standalone email delivery and using workflow that contains query activity then delivery.

I tested this in different way in the email designer and works for all.

SatheeskannaK_0-1671636495253.png

Content block:

SatheeskannaK_1-1671636523718.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Interesting test. So I sent an email (top image) using a content block, having the text in the email, and using the personalisation field. The only one that worked was the personalisation field. You can see the setup of the content block which is:

<%= escapeUrl(context.profile.PKey)%>

I can only assume this is incorrect?

Monosnap Inbox – Dept. 2022-12-21 16-35-54.pngScreenshot 2022-12-21 at 16.30.53.pngScreenshot 2022-12-21 at 16.33.18.png

Community Advisor

From the screenshot at least the personalization field which was working is NOT the pkey of the profile rather it's a resource pkey (/context/PKey).

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Apologies, you're absolutely right. The two profile pKey's didn't work.

Correct answer by
Level 3

This has been resolved with @SatheeskannaK support. The issue was to do with the forms custom HTML which was breaking the functionality, it needed to be rebuild cloning elements of the pre-existing template to prevent it from happening.