Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Profile substitution for proofing

Level 2

Hi, I'm trying to proof an email that exists in a workflow based on a real profile using the new profile substitution functionality.

However, I keep seeing the message below preventing me from doing so.profile sub.JPG

There is no prepare button and the workflow is started (albeit paused so that I don't actually send this email to people without first proofing it like I'm trying to do):

paused.JPG

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dcy_96,

You shouldn't pause the delivery and let the delivery preparation complete then only you will be able to choose the profile and provide substitution address.

Rerun the workflow after enabling the delivery and run through preparation it will shows profile substitution.

let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

SK

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dcy_96,

You shouldn't pause the delivery and let the delivery preparation complete then only you will be able to choose the profile and provide substitution address.

Rerun the workflow after enabling the delivery and run through preparation it will shows profile substitution.

let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

SK

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2
Hello, thanks for your reply. I have tried this and have not gotten it to work. If I load a list containing with additional data in the workflow to be passed through and want to test it, by letting the workflow run as you suggested it runs it as an actual send. This is really not ideal as I would like to preview this based on data coming from a file containing actual contacts. I do not have the option to prepare the delivery for send to test it as a proof using profile substitutions. Running the workflow will actually send the email out. This is why I paused it.

Community Advisor

Hi @dcy_96,

Even if you use actual contacts from list and pass through workflow, it won't send the email until you confirm the delivery if it's a single send delivery. Profile substitution will not work unless and until you pass through preparation phase.

Thanks!

SK

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2
Ah, I see. Thanks for that. Is there a way to achieve this same outcome when using a recurring email?

Community Advisor
As of now, i don't see a way to carry profile substitution on recurring deliveries.
Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hi, it's not (yet) possible to use profile substitutions using recurring emails.

It's only available when using single email deliveries.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/email-testing-how-to-add-ta...

Level 2
Profile substitution works for recurring event, if you choose aggregation period as "no aggregation"

Level 2

Me and my colleague (@Gravemind_IV ) tried it, changing the aggregation period of a recurring delivery. But profile substiution still doesn't work for us using recurring email deliveries.

@senthilkumargsm 

Level 2

Hi,

I've read in a comment on this topic (profile-substitution-for-proofing) that profile substitutions in ACS should work in a recurring email when using 'no aggregation period'.

It doesn't work for me.

Do you know if this option is available for recurring emails and which steps we'll have to take?

I'm getting a little confused and frustrated. Because we have to copy a recurring email to a single send, test it, edit the recurring email etc.

@Sukrity_Wadhwa  can you or one of your colleagues help us as an Adobe professional?

Kind regards,

Björn Kummeling

Settings

Recurring email DM3341 aggregation.png

Recurring email DM3341.png

Topic

Solved_ Profile substitution for proofing - Adobe Experience League Community - .png

Administrator
Hi @bjornkummeling, I would recommend that you post this as a separate question on the Community so that it gets more visibility and would be easier to get help from community users. In the meantime, I will escalate this internally to get you more help. Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa