Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Populate a personalisation field which is not available in the DB into email

Level 2

Hi there,

I would like to populate a personalisation field (say account balance) into my email template. Unfortunately this account balance field is not available yet in the database (Recipients). Just checking is there a way to populate this account balance into the email template via the list instead of adding a new account balance field into database ?

Thanks and Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

You need use a data loading (file) activity to load the data in your workflow transaction. Once it is in your workflow transaction data you can use tragetData to use in email for example below

<%= targetData.firstName %>

Hope it help, if you need help with Data loading file activity let me know.

Regards,

Ankur A.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Where is this information available today?

• Is it possible to compute it using other fields already present in the database?
  • Is it available in an external file?

Using workflows, you should be able to compute it and enrich the recipients data (without having the filed existing in the database). This field would then be available in the personalization fields of the delivery as a "target data". Here is an example: Synchronizing audiences

Let me know if that could do.

Florent

Level 2

Thanks for the answer Florent. the field is in an external file.

Regards.

Correct answer by
Level 3

You need use a data loading (file) activity to load the data in your workflow transaction. Once it is in your workflow transaction data you can use tragetData to use in email for example below

<%= targetData.firstName %>

Hope it help, if you need help with Data loading file activity let me know.

Regards,

Ankur A.

Level 1

In v6, in a workflow, using a regular delivery template that is set to default editing mode, I have never had issues personalizing data after an external data load and enrichment.

However, when I switch the editing mode to DCE, I can only access data from my recipients tables, regardless of any enrichments. Is there a work-around for this?

Level 10

Hi,

This seems surprising, you should still be able to see a Target Data node containing the additional data. Can you share your server and console build numbers?

Florent

Employee Advisor

Hi,

It is a known issue with the DCE. You will not be able to see the targetData section in the personalization helper menu.

Workaround is to open the source tab of the editor, locate the point in HTML where you wish to add the targetData personalization and then use the same menu at top to now reach targetData personalization.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Vipul