Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Open Time Reporting

Level 3

I am trying to report on what time people are opening across all recurring deliveries in a specific campaign. I can't find a way to aggregate the data to hourly without date, I can only find a breakdown that shows by date and hour.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I don't believe it's possible out of the box via the available reports.

But you can create a workflow to calculate the number of opens at each hour across all your recurrent deliveries of your campaign.

• Query Tracking logs of type open for you specific campaign
  • Use the Hour function to get the log date hour only
  • Use the RowNum windowing function to calculate a partition of you log per hour
  • Add a Dedup step on your hour field and use the dedup method to keep the highest value of your partition field
  • Export results as a csv file or save as an audience.

Your final result should look something like this : 

Anasso1337_0-1700595584321.png

Bear in mind that your profiles can open the same delivery more than once. Adding a dedup step before your partition, to filter only the first open per profile and delivery might be useful.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

I don't believe it's possible out of the box via the available reports.

But you can create a workflow to calculate the number of opens at each hour across all your recurrent deliveries of your campaign.

• Query Tracking logs of type open for you specific campaign
  • Use the Hour function to get the log date hour only
  • Use the RowNum windowing function to calculate a partition of you log per hour
  • Add a Dedup step on your hour field and use the dedup method to keep the highest value of your partition field
  • Export results as a csv file or save as an audience.

Your final result should look something like this : 

Anasso1337_0-1700595584321.png

Bear in mind that your profiles can open the same delivery more than once. Adding a dedup step before your partition, to filter only the first open per profile and delivery might be useful.

Hope this helps.