Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

mail Encryption

Level 3

hi,

i was wondering if i can use SHA 256 to incript emails in adobe campaign and how can i do it if its posible.

I think adobe doesnt alow it

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Sha256 is a hash function. It will create a hash value which is unique for the particular input. But it is almost impossible to do the reverse (get the input from the hash). You can try the "crypString()" function. It will encrypt the input with the default key (if no key is specified). Then you can use decryptString() to get back your input.

Here you can get a good reference.

SHA: Secure Hashing Algorithm - Computerphile - YouTube

Thanks

Saikat

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi wkt,

It depends of your RDBMS (DB engine) version: either you can use the factory function SHA256 directly in the Query assistant (advanced tab) if your DB engine version supports it (as for MD5 encryption), or you can use it in Javascript code by using the JSAPI function as is:

digestStrSha256(source.target__addressSpecific)

(here with nms:subscription addressSpecific field, but of course you can do it with nms:recipient.email field).

Please see below the Query expression editor/advanced choice:
1400582_pastedImage_0.png

Regards

J-Serge

Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for the answer , but  how can i des-encrypt  the same encryptation?

regards.

Daniel.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Sha256 is a hash function. It will create a hash value which is unique for the particular input. But it is almost impossible to do the reverse (get the input from the hash). You can try the "crypString()" function. It will encrypt the input with the default key (if no key is specified). Then you can use decryptString() to get back your input.

Here you can get a good reference.

SHA: Secure Hashing Algorithm - Computerphile - YouTube

Thanks

Saikat