Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Intersection not working for shared value

Level 3

Hi 

Anyone has experience or has any idea why two shared value from two table cannot be joined even after removing all spacing and turning everything into uppercase in the Enrichment? The intersection kept returning 0 even if the shared values are obviously the same from the interim results. Any suggestion is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I have found a solution to my problem. I was using text field to join. It seems like there's a character limit when using text field as index for intersection. What I did was to substring the index text field into only shorter unique text. It's not ideal but it works.

e.g.

substring(Rtrim(Ltrim(Upper(@textfield))),1,12)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you provide some more details? (E.g. screenshot etc.)

Is it standard or custom tables?

Hi @ramon_bisswanger, they are both custom tables. I found that there's character limit to the text index used for join. I have resolved it by using substring. Let me know if there's better way to do it Thanks

Level 1

HI,

in your expression editor use the condition eg : Lower(your value) also use the same Alias name for both activities inside the additional tab. 

Level 3

Thanks Sumit. I did. I have LTrim, Rtrim and uppercase the value. I found that there's character limit to the text index used for join. I have resolved it by using substring. Let me know if there's better way to do it Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 3

I have found a solution to my problem. I was using text field to join. It seems like there's a character limit when using text field as index for intersection. What I did was to substring the index text field into only shorter unique text. It's not ideal but it works.

e.g.

substring(Rtrim(Ltrim(Upper(@textfield))),1,12)