Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Installation of adobe campaign v5.11

Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of installing adobe campaign application server v5.11 <build 5754> on an azure windows 2008 R2 Datacenter server. The reason installing an older version, is that we have a production v5.11 and want to upgrade to v7, and so I'm creating a staging mirror of prod to experiment with upgrade v5.11 to v6 and then v7, before carrying out the same migration on the production environment.

I went through the installation steps per v5.11 documentation

Installation of Neolane app server using exe went fine, Neolane windows service is running, also I have setup IIS 7 web server also according to documentation under the default website:

v5_sh1.png

Running nlserver web:

v5_sh2.png

Running localhost/r/test to test redirection

v5_sh3.png

After installing Java SE JDK 6 x64 and testing that java/jre are installed using java -version, every time i run nlserver web -tomcat or nlserver start web I get:

v5_sh4.png

And so i'm stuck in this step, not sure why it's not running the internal tomcat server, which i believe is imperative for running jsp pages on the web server (such as http://localhost/nl/jsp/logon.jsp ). Also i can't login using the neolane client console (internal user password changed), however I believe it is related to also tomcat not starting...

v5_sh5.png

Thanks, appreciate any help on this!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As per experience, is easier to setup a new environment with the latest version of AC and then recreate all the objects. This is when you are trying to upgrade from a very old version to the latest, loads of issues man.

As per the JDK, make sure is 32bit not 64, old versions do not support 64bit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As per experience, is easier to setup a new environment with the latest version of AC and then recreate all the objects. This is when you are trying to upgrade from a very old version to the latest, loads of issues man.

As per the JDK, make sure is 32bit not 64, old versions do not support 64bit.

Level 10

Hi,

The first thing that comes to my mind is the same as David suggested, which is to run a 32bit JDK.

Can you try that and get back to us?

Thanks,

Florent