Highlighted

How to send welcome email in real-time

alik98709228

alik98709228

alik98709228

27-01-2018

Hi,

We have adobe campaign (hosted account). I created a subscription in our adobe campaign account for our web site opt-ins. We get opt-ins to that subscription in real-time via API call.

However, we used a query to send the Welcome email a day later. That query uses a criteria to select anyone who has opted-in to that subscription in the last 24 hours, and those recipients gets the Welcome email.

Is there a way i can create a query (or any other method) to send Welcome email in real-time? So as soon as someone opted-in to that subscription, we can send them Welcome email right away?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Ali

Replies

Highlighted

david_garcia1

MVP

david_garcia1

MVP

david_garcia1
MVP

27-01-2018

Please head to the documentation section (Creating the message template ) you can do this with message centre, albeit, you must have a valid license to use it.

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/archives/en/610/message-center-v6.1-en.pdf

This thread Modify a WSDL generated by URL with specific one (no 'Element') guides you how to create and map a transactional message to a SOAP call through the Adobe Campaign API.

Highlighted

Vapsy

Employee

Vapsy

Employee

Vapsy
Employee

28-01-2018

Hi Ali,

If you have a message center license you can leverage the functionality by modifying your webapp to fire SOAP calls with context data.

That's the most real-time delivery you can get.

However, there is an easier way which can offer good results.

Inside the service itself, you have a section where you can configure an email template to send confirmation messages when a profile is subscribed or unsubscribed.

Managing subscriptions

This doesn't limit you from making this template a welcome template.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipil

Highlighted

alik98709228

alik98709228

alik98709228

28-01-2018

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for the response. Currently we don't have message center implemented. I was thinking to use an alternative way to send welcome email in real-time without leveraging message center. Looks like using confirmation messages as welcome email in managing service/subscription would definately works. Thanks for this information.

Here are few related questions:

1: We can able to control to send confirmation message only to new opt-ins? For instance, if an email already existed in that service, that email will not receive the welcome email?

2: If a new email was opted-in more than once in a service or somehow system send a new opt-in multiple times in a service, only one confirmation message will be genearted?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Ali

Highlighted

Vapsy

Employee

Vapsy

Employee

Vapsy
Employee

28-01-2018

Hi Ali,

I've never used this functionality myself and the use cases you are highlighting here will have to be tested for answers.

Regards,
Vipul