Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

How to convert a string UUID to an actual UUID value

Level 2

Hi,

I have a field in ACS storing UUID values in string format e.g. "631ab184-55be-eb11-bacc-000d3ade34b3", when I try to use the update data activity and store this value under a field with type UUID it doesn't permit the update. 

If so, how do I go about transforming a string UUID into an actual UUID value, there don't appear to be any functions available to do this in ACS?

Cheers,

Jamal

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jamal,

I believe you will not be able to pass UUID values from one field to another field which is of same data type UUID. All you can do is generate new UUID.

Also, UUID is another primary key will not support any transformations.

Thanks, SK!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hi SatheeskannaK, thanks for the response. In this case I want to transform from text -> uuid. I understand the newUUID function is available for creating a key value, but it doesn't accept any parameters. Could I generate a UUID from a set text parameter e.g. textfield: abc123 -> newUUID(textfield). Or is the only solution here to export the text field value and then import it as a uuid value via csv?

Community Advisor

Hi @jamal,

No you won't be able to manipulate anything with UUID rather all you can do is generate UUID using the function and it will not take any parameters.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees