Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to Auto-Load WepApp Forms with Data?

Level 2

I'm sure this is fairly basic question, so I appreciate somebody helping me out on this. 

I have a WebApp/Landing Page that stores submitted information in a Table (table1) upon submit.  I would like to auto-load recipient data using the preloading action and populate the form fields. For example the form asks for user input on field "table1.firstName".  I would like to auto load recipient.firstName into that field. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

--

Patryk

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

After some more digging I was able to solve the issue.   The solution was to check "Load additional data" in the Preloading action and add all the data I would like to prefill.  Then in the Alias column, type the value of the "datadata-nl-xpath=" part of your form field.  In this case, mine was table1.firstName.  See screen shot below.

1342912_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi Patryk

In order to pre-load the data in the form fields on the landing page, we have pre-loading activity using which you may achieve this. Check the screenshot below :

1342519_pastedImage_0.png

You might find the article : Delivering a Web form  helpful in order to achieve the same.

- Anshul

Level 2

Hi Anshul,

Thank you for the reply. I have read the link you posted and I am still not able to accomplish my goal.  The issue is I want to populate data from the recipient table into a field that will not be writing to the recipient table. 

EX - When somebody fills this form it writes to table1.  But I would like to prefill the recipient/firstName into the field asking for table1/firstName.

I hope my examples and terminology are correct.  If you need more information please let me know.

Level 4
is it ever worked for you ? I have added text and boolean fields but I am able to preload text however preloading is not working for Boolean fields.

Correct answer by
Level 2

After some more digging I was able to solve the issue.   The solution was to check "Load additional data" in the Preloading action and add all the data I would like to prefill.  Then in the Alias column, type the value of the "datadata-nl-xpath=" part of your form field.  In this case, mine was table1.firstName.  See screen shot below.

1342912_pastedImage_0.png

Level 3

Should we create a table1 ? and how it automatically stores there?