Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How many client console sessions can you have open at one time?

Level 2

Hello folks,

can you help me find where in the documentation I can read more about how many client console sessions can you have open at one time or about how many servers can you be connected at once?

I am not able to find this information, I have been searching through the documentation but not finding anything.

The only

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

- To how many servers can a user be connected at once?

it was meant how many servers per console so I suppose  that means you can connect to one server at a time.

Marcel

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

There is no such known cap on how many session you can have open. It completely depends on the memory capacity of the machine where client console is hosted.

Feel free to open as many you want.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Level 2

Hi and thanks for the reply!

I came accross this question in the Exam Preparation Class for the Business Practitioner learning path. Here is a screenshot of the possible answers. Can you elaborate why answer A is the correct one and where can a student learn about this topic exactly?

1045143_pastedImage_0.png

In addition, I would also like to know where I can learn more about the following topic (And can you elaborate why the answer C is correct?):

1045144_pastedImage_1.png

Another question (no screenshot unfortunately:

A) 0

B) 1

C) 2

C) 3

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Pavlina

Employee Advisor

Hi pavlinao80321508​,

Thank you for sharing your queries. it is now easier for me to understand the context.

How many Adobe Campaign client console session can you open at one time?

Answer: One per windows process

When you launch a client console it launches a windows process for it. It is something which cannot be learnt from anywhere but is more of a hands on related question.

Why does console render according to the server version?

Again a question related to hands on experience. Client consoles are backward compatible. Reason they render according to server version is because, if they stick to their new version functionality, they might start to look for information/details that were not even present in the older versions.

Coming to the last question:

This question is not very clear to me. I'll leave this open for someone else to answer.

If there is some additional information associated with this question, please do share.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 2

Hello Vipul,

thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate it.

It will be very useful if you could share some other hands on examples related to those topics so that I can be better prepared for the Business Practitioner exam.

Have a nice day!

Pavlina

Employee

Hi Pavlina,

I didn't understand your third question. Do you have a source where it came from? There will definitely be some questions on the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exams that are not taught in the training. That is because the exams are a measure of expertise not just "book learning". For example, someone who has worked with Adobe Campaign for some time and on multiple projects will have experienced connecting to servers that are on different build numbers and how the client reacts.

Regards,

Linda

Level 2

Hi Linda,

I do not understand the question either. I understand what you mean by some things not being thought in the training but that is why I ask additionally and hope that an expert with experience like you can give me the info.

Since we both cannot get around the question, let's leave this discussion then. I appreciate your time. Thank you.

Regards,

Pavlina

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it was meant how many servers per console so I suppose  that means you can connect to one server at a time.

Marcel