Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Google Tag Manager Integration with Adobe Campaign

Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how to do Google Tag Manager integration with Adobe Campaign.

Any document on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

in order to enable Google Tag Manager for web tracking, if I am not wrong, you only need to insert some snippets inside your web pages.

If you have implemented web pages in Adobe Campaign I think you have to modify the HTML inserting this piece of code

(Replace GTM-XXXX by your container ID):

<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
j
=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-XXXX');</script>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->

inside the <head>.

In all the pages of your website you will also have to include the below code inside <body>:

<!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
<noscript><iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-XXXX"
height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
<!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->

If you need more details you can use the developers guide of google tag manager : Google Tag Manager Developer Guide

Hope it helps,

[personal info removed]

Level 4

Hi Cristina,

One of the problem, i have is to integrate Google Analytics with Adobe Campaign. while Adobe Analytics / DTM has genesis integrator and works file, more often am faced with problem of customers asking how to integrate GA with AC.

Any suggestion please.

Navin

Level 2

Hi Navin,

for google analytics the only thing you need to do is to insert the UTM parameters in your URLs included in your emails sent form Adobe Campaign.

There are multiple ways of doing it, but my suggestion is to automate the process changing the "Tracking formula" using an external account.

If you are using Adobe Campaign Classic (v6, v7), please follow the below steps:

1) Go to Administration --> Platform --> External Accounts and create a new one of "Web Analytics" type. As you see a new field will appear "Enrichment of calculation formula for tracked URLs". You can enrich the formula adding the parameters you need, in a static way or also dynamic taking the content from your delivery or campaign activity: Example: utm_campaign=<%=message.delivery.label%>.

2) After your external account has been created, you can use it in the deliveries you want. Go to your delivery-> properties -> web analytics tab and select your external account.

This is only one of the multiple ways of configuring this. As an alternative you can also modify directly the tracking formula through the "option", which, from my point of view, can be dangerous.

Hope it helps,

Cristina

[personal info removed]

Level 7

Hi Cristina,

Could you please tell me where I need to set a property on campaign delivery, so that I would know what type of transactional email I am sending (event or profile?)

At present, I have hardcoded UTM_CAMPAIGN with "transactional" string to know email is an transactional email.

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks,

Sri

Level 4

Guys

I am not asking for "for google analytics within email sent from Adobe Campaign" ,  I am trying to integrate "instead of Adobe Analytics" to integrate with "Google Web Analytics" with Adobe Campaign. Is this possible?