Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Extracting filename from data loading activity

Level 3

Hi

I know that we can refer to vars.filename in a data loading activity to find the file name. However; this is uploaded filename and not the one listed in the parameters, plus this is mf5 hashed. How can we find out the actual file name which was used; and record this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankur,

I'm not sure if there are ways to find back the original name. I'd recommend checking with support if there is a solution that can be put in place for that.

Florent

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ankur,

it's not very clear from your question what you want. can you share the workflow and highlight what you need?

are you uploading file resources or some csv file?

regards,

Amit

Level 3

Hi Amit

I want to refer to the name of csv file being loaded in the data load activity; when i use vars.filename it refers to the name of the file after server upload (md5 hashed); is there a system variable which can be used to refer the actual csv file's name.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ankur,

I'm not sure if there are ways to find back the original name. I'd recommend checking with support if there is a solution that can be put in place for that.

Florent

Level 10

Hello Ankur,

Were you able to get an answer?

Florent

Level 3

Yes; we wrote a script on the ftp activity and the next activity to pick and then chop the filename

Level 1

Can you please share the script and let me know how to fetch the original file name instead of server file name (Ex : my file name is file234.csv and after uploading to server it says 1dfghyh45jlkdhsa.csv?) but I need file234.csv as file name. When I'm getting file from server it works alright but with manual loading it changes the file name.