Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Extract and Load Files in ACS using the Adobe Provisioned SFTP

Level 5

Hi there,

I'm very familiar with importing/exporting data to and from Campaign using external SFTPs.

I do this by created an external account for the SFTP and then building workflows like:

Query --> Extract file --> File Transfer (that uses the external account).

However I'm new to using the Adobe SFTP!

I've read that you don't actually need an file transfer activity? Is this correct?

If so, to export a file to the Adobe SFTP - I assume the workflow would look something like:

Query --> Extract file

Then what settings are needed in the Extract file activity?

I've tried putting in /sftp/<username>/incoming/test_file_1.csv in the "output file" setting of the Extract file activity but got the following error

davidh2892249_0-1595347133497.png

I've logged into the SFTP via winscp software and can see there is a path /sftp/<username>/incoming/ - so could someone explain how workflows should be configured to interact with the Campaign SFTP?

Thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David,

For ACS you still need to use the Transfer File activity to store a file on the SFTP server belonging to campaign.

The workflow may run on a different server/container than the SFTP server, so a local file extraction won't be sufficient.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi David,

For ACS you still need to use the Transfer File activity to store a file on the SFTP server belonging to campaign.

The workflow may run on a different server/container than the SFTP server, so a local file extraction won't be sufficient.

Level 5
Can you expand on the transfer file configuration and folder path settings? an example would be great.

Employee Advisor
You can just use "use file in incoming transition" for the Load File activity. The extract file one, just use any file name criteria

Level 2
Hi Ramon/David - I have a similar use case where I wish to extract some data and upload it to Adobe SFTP. I am struggling to find the correct path setting as well.