Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

export data in the form of a file using a workflow in adobe campaign V6

Level 4

Hi,

There is a extract file activity in ACS which lets users export data from campaign to local machine in the form of csv or text  through  a workflow.

I have done the export of data from Adobe campaign directly but I wanted to know if there is a way to  automate this process using a workflow, so that the export can be taken in a timely fashion.

P.S: I am using a update list in my workflow and list is updated based on some segmentation/filtering criteria . After the update list I want to export the list data outside of campaign in a form of a file. 

Thanks

Senthil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Senthil,

After the update list, use a Read List activity to read its contents. 

Then feed the read list transition to Extract File activity to export the data in a CRV/TXT/XML format. Path for extraction can be defined for Campaign sFTP.

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Senthil,

Then feed the read list transition to Extract File activity to export the data in a CRV/TXT/XML format. Path for extraction can be defined for Campaign sFTP.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 4

Vipul Raghav wrote...

Hi Senthil,

Regards,

Vipul

Thanks for the help . pls enlighten us on setting up the Path for extraction in campaign. And for now,

If I don't want to send it to the server . Can I download the file in my local machine? 

Employee Advisor

Hi Senthil,

File is always extracted on server and automatic download to local machine is not possible out of the box.

Hence I suggested to extract the file on campaign sFTP server. 

You should be aware of the sFTP path of the instance. If not, if the instance is Adobe hosted, please contact Adobe support for exact path.

If the instance is hosted by you, ask the infrastructure admin for the path.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 4

Vipul Raghav wrote...

Hi Senthil,

File is always extracted on server and automatic download to local machine is not possible out of the box.

Hence I suggested to extract the file on campaign sFTP server. 

You should be aware of the sFTP path of the instance. If not, if the instance is Adobe hosted, please contact Adobe support for exact path.

If the instance is hosted by you, ask the infrastructure admin for the path.

Regards,

Vipul

Thanks a  lot Vipul.

I have asked Adobe support for the setup of sftp server (that has to be done via external account configuration , I believe) and to share the path with me as well.

Regards

Senthil

Employee Advisor

Hi Senthil,

If the instance is Adobe hosted sFTP path will be /sftp/<sftpUsername>/incoming/

There will not be a need for external account as sFTP folder are internally available to application server and while exporting the file you can give the path directly.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

trying to create a transfer file activity and used sftp as suggested. under the path  so I should write /sftp/<sftplisa@yahoo.com>/incoming/

Thanks username being email?

Level 1

It I want to store it on my local computer drive. what are the setting I should use under transfer file?