Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Create roles in ACS

Level 3

Hi,

I would need to create such security group where the member can have access to reporting only. I though I can create new Role, but so far I see nothing to set in a Role. Can someone explain what is the purpose of creating new role?

Best regards,

Gyorgy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Gyorgy,

Indeed that's something that is not yet possible in Campaign Standard (access to reports only).

It is possible in Campaign Classic, so that's why some say it can be done, but unfortunately not yet with standard.

I'll send your feedback to the product team to make sure they know this is something wanted, and I'll let you know if new plans come up regarding this.

Florent

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi, Gyorgy,

Have you gone through following links?

"Users must always be linked to a security group. This will allow you to assign them specific roles, organizational and geographical units." Follow the instructions given here and you will be able to fix this.

Managing groups and users

If you have done it, feel free to post your screenshot about your configurations so far?

Regards,

Amit

Level 3

Hi Amit,

I understand that security groups should be created and the permissions are assigned to the group via adding roles, right? I can use the existing roles, an create new ones. But I do not see how to define the roles' permissions. E.g. I would need a reporting role, where the user can access the reports only - cannot send any emails, cannot change anything. There is the list of authorization page about what permissions are assigned to the ootb roles. When I am adding a new role, I would expect to configure it the same way - e.g specify if he can modify / delete / create workflow, campaign, Etc.

So far I do not see the benefit of creating new role.

Please help me how I can have such read-only reporting user role.

Thanks,

Gyorgy

Level 3

Is it any way to have such reporting user role? Thanks.

Level 4

Hi Gyorgy,

Using out-of-the-box operator group should meet your needs. There is "Access to reports" group in AC. Just add report-related users to that group. You don't need to configure group. Here you can find details about this group's rights: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/technicalResources/accessRights.html

Level 3

Hi,

There is no such group in Adobe Campaign Standard. Please let me know if I am wrong. We are not using the console app based Adobe Campaing (classic).

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Gyorgy,

Indeed that's something that is not yet possible in Campaign Standard (access to reports only).

It is possible in Campaign Classic, so that's why some say it can be done, but unfortunately not yet with standard.

I'll send your feedback to the product team to make sure they know this is something wanted, and I'll let you know if new plans come up regarding this.

Florent