Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Event definition cannot be published

Level 9

We imported a package for transactional message and only first event and it's associated message was published but for the remaining we get the error

A transactional message associated with this event 'EVTPRO_' already exists, but with an incorrect delivery mapping. This event definition cannot be published.

We don't see any incorrect event or message mapping.

What could be the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I was able to replicate the same error, where I created and published a profile-based transactional event (EVTtest123) on a staging environment and real-time based transactional event (EVTtest123) on a prod environment. Exported the event from the stage and successfully ported it to the prod environment. Prod environment transactional event updated from real-time to profile based after importing the package from the stage. When I try to publish the event in prod received the same error as you mentioned due to already having a real-time transactional event with the same name.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Did you check anything with brand settings between the export/import environment causing this issue?

Thanks, Sathees

Level 9

for the first event the publication worked fine but when I tried for next it gives me the error described in my question.

I already have transactional message events linked to realtime, these new events are profile based. 

I don't need to do publication correct after importing my package?

Community Advisor

You can't have the same event id for both real-time and profile-based transactional configuration. You will have to unpublish and delete the events/message template before importing the events that are changed from real-time to profile and vice versa.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 9

Yes, i do have the names for the events unique. Profile and realtime.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I was able to replicate the same error, where I created and published a profile-based transactional event (EVTtest123) on a staging environment and real-time based transactional event (EVTtest123) on a prod environment. Exported the event from the stage and successfully ported it to the prod environment. Prod environment transactional event updated from real-time to profile based after importing the package from the stage. When I try to publish the event in prod received the same error as you mentioned due to already having a real-time transactional event with the same name.

Thanks, Sathees