Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Double opt-in

Level 3

Hi,

We are trying to develop double opt-ins for our subscribers in Europe, where European internet regulations require double opt-ins (subscribe and then confirm their subscription through a follow-up confirmation email) as part of Europe's internet regulation requirement.

Thus far, I am able to create double opt-in for entire subscription forms, but some of our other online forms contain fields, including a field for "Country." And if anyone selects a European country, we want to trigger a double-opt in confirmation message delivery, but ONLY for those who select a European country in our forms. (Anyone who resides in America for instance and selects, "United States of America" as their country (in the form field), will NOT trigger this double opt-in confirmation since it is not required in the US.

Can anyone help? How can I create double opt-in triggers for only those who select certain parameters like European countries in the form field?

Thank you,

Jae

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jae,

On the webpage where the inputs will be recorded, you can connect the output transition to a Test activity.

Test on condition for relevant country codes and thus, non-european subscribers can be sent to a JS code activity, that subscribes them directly.

The other transition of test activity can have a JS code which triggers an email delivery, or a Message Center SOAP call or anything that sends out an email to recipient of choice.

Hope this helps

Attaching a sample webapp image to support my statements.

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jae,

On the webpage where the inputs will be recorded, you can connect the output transition to a Test activity.

Test on condition for relevant country codes and thus, non-european subscribers can be sent to a JS code activity, that subscribes them directly.

The other transition of test activity can have a JS code which triggers an email delivery, or a Message Center SOAP call or anything that sends out an email to recipient of choice.

Hope this helps

Attaching a sample webapp image to support my statements.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 3

Thank you so much!

I will implement your recommendation and see how it goes. Hope to post an update with the results soon.

Much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Jae

Level 3

Hi Vipul,

Can you also supply the two JS code, one for "Trigger Opt in Email" as well as "Subscribe to the Service," you mentioned in your solution?

(Please see attached webapp.png you supplied).

This would greatly help my implementation if you could.

Thank you so very much Vipul, your aid is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jae 

Level 3

Vipul,

Do I need JS code activity and access to JSAPI Documentation to implement this?

If so, do we need a license to access JSAPI documentation?

Jae

Level 10

Hi Jae,

Use of APIs and JSAPI documentation are under license. You can check your contract details or contact Adobe support to have more information.

Thanks,

Florent

Level 3

What you mean by "...The other transition of test activity can have a JS code which triggers an email confirmation delivery, or a Message Center SOAP call (reference: Message Center) that sends out a (subscription) confirmation email to recipient of choice (European)."

What is Message Center SOAP call?

Level 10

Message Center is a separate module in Adobe campaign which can be configured to send the real time emails specially transaction emails. This will trigger an email and all the personalization information about will be passed in a soap based web service call. In adobe campaign this can be triggered from a JS activity or through third part systems.

if you have any specific question you can create a new question and if you need this capability raise a Adobe care ticket.

Regards,

Amit