Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Data uploaded from csv to Recipients table using "Data Loading (file)" and "Update Data" activities is not viewable.

Level 1

Hello,

I am new to Adobe Campaign and am trying to do a PoC. I tried to upload some new user data like "first name", "last name", "age", "email", etc. from a csv file to Recipients table using "Data Loading (file)" and "Update Data" workflow activities. The workflow result log shows that the update us successfully done, but, I am not able to view it in Recipients (Profiles and Targets -> Recipients). How to view the updated data? Please help me in this regard.

806090_pastedImage_2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To assign the records to a folder, add a row in the Fields to update section. Then in the Destination column select the folder link and in the Source expression column browse and choose the folder that you want the records linked to. The screenshot above that I shared shows that this has been done. For more help you can request Office Hours: Campaign Office Hours

Linda

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Manish, Can you post a screenshot of how you configured the Update Data activity? Did you explicitly assign Recipients to the Profiles and Targets > Recipients folder?

When you write records, depending on the data type, they might or might not get assigned to a folder.

To determine if your records are in the database, you can create an 'All Recipients' view. Create a Recipients folder, go into the Folder properties, and on the Restrictions tab activate the 'This folder is a view' checkbox. Let me know if this helps! Linda

Employee

You can also go to the Administration > Configuration > Data schemas folder of the Explorer view and open the Recipients schema. Then go to the Data tab to see all records in the table.

Level 2

Even me 2 have the same error . It would be great if some one provide me resolution . 

PFA for the screenshot1.JPG

Employee

Hi Prem,

Can you clarify what data is not available? I believe Manish was not getting an error, but he could not see the Recipients once they were created because he did not assign them to a folder. By looking at your screenshot, I am not sure what you are trying to do. If you want to check if the record already exists, you need to activate the checkbox for 'Using reconciliation keys' and specify your matching criteria. If you used an Enrichment earlier in the workflow to reconcile, then you could directly update the targeting dimension which is the default shown here.

To update fields, you need to click on the New icon and specify the mapping from the column in the temporary worktable (read from your file) to a column in the database table.

Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 3.20.02 PM.png

Note that you can also assign the Recipients to a folder here.

Linda

Correct answer by
Employee

To assign the records to a folder, add a row in the Fields to update section. Then in the Destination column select the folder link and in the Source expression column browse and choose the folder that you want the records linked to. The screenshot above that I shared shows that this has been done. For more help you can request Office Hours: Campaign Office Hours

Linda