Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Is it possible to integrate Adobe Marketing Cloud with an external campaign execution tool so that Adobe can trigger external events in other 3rd party systems

Level 1

My client wishes to use Adobe Marketing Cloud as their central CRM console but is also using other 3rd party systems for particular tasks in their overall product suite. Is it possible for Adobe Marketing Cloud to trigger campaign events in external systems via API ?

For example, an email campaign is executed in Adobe Marketing Cloud. At the same time an external system (via API) detects that the campaign has gone live in Adobe and triggers a separate system to make a bonus scheme go live.

Can someone point me towards API documentation that could be used to achieve this ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

James,

Ok, let's consider it is Adobe Campaign Standard then. For ACS, at the moment the only public API is the profile and service REST API, available on adobe.io. So if it is indeed this version that is used, i'm not sure this use case is possible until more APIs are released. And there are at the moment no external connector available.

In case it's the console version (v6), there are some integrations that can be carried out using external accounts and workflows in Campaign, for example by exporting automatically files with needed data when campaigns are started. But depending on the external tools used and the specific needs, it can need some customisation. I'd suggest to get in touch with Adobe Marketing Cloud or Adobe Campaign consultants to have more information about what kind of customisation can be done.

Hope this helps,

Florent

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi James,

Is this a question about Adobe Campaign or the Marketing Cloud itself? The Marketing Cloud UI does not have an API system to trigger actions based on events. If you can give me a bit more information, I might be able to provide more insight. What event would trigger the email campaign? Would it be an Analytics event or something external to Adobe?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 1

Hi Jantzen, thanks for you response. In my case I would like to have an external system know either when an Adobe Analytics event happens or when an Adobe campaign goes live. Whether the external system needs to poll an Adobe API or whether Adobe can send an external trigger, both are fine. I'm just wondering if there is a possibility for Adobe and an external system to share campaign execution at this level. Thanks again for your help.

Level 10

James,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to move your question over to the Adobe Campaign community. If there is an API for Campain, they would be the best resource to answer your question.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1

Thanks for that Jantzen.

If anyone needs more detail in order to answer the question I'm happy to provide it. Thanks in advance.

James.

Level 10

Hi James,

Which version of Adobe Campaign are you using? That would greatly help to check whether your use case is possible or not.

Thanks,

Florent

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thanks for your post. Actually I don't know the version as it is my client who is using Adobe Campaign. They are a new customer of Adobe however so I suspect they are using the latest version. If we focus on the latest version are there API's / hooks / methods of synchronising Adobe Campaign with external systems ?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 10

James,

Ok, let's consider it is Adobe Campaign Standard then. For ACS, at the moment the only public API is the profile and service REST API, available on adobe.io. So if it is indeed this version that is used, i'm not sure this use case is possible until more APIs are released. And there are at the moment no external connector available.

In case it's the console version (v6), there are some integrations that can be carried out using external accounts and workflows in Campaign, for example by exporting automatically files with needed data when campaigns are started. But depending on the external tools used and the specific needs, it can need some customisation. I'd suggest to get in touch with Adobe Marketing Cloud or Adobe Campaign consultants to have more information about what kind of customisation can be done.

Hope this helps,

Florent

Level 10

Hi James,

Do you need further assistance on this topic? 

Thanks,

Florent