Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Custom target mapping in ACS

Level 2

Hi

Previously it has not been possible to create custom target mappings in ACS in order to create delivery targets from other resources than Profiles.

Is that still the case?

Regards

/Mikael B

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi mikaelb4687966​, Jose,

There is no way a customized Target Mapping could be created for Schema other than Profiles, ACS doesn't allow that.

If you have access to Support Portal (https://support.neolane.net), you could raise a ticket with us.
We could then discuss this further with our Product Engineering Team and get it raised as an Enhancement Request for future Releases.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi mikaelb4687966

I believe you are referring to Profile details to be added in ACS using an external source.

- One standard way is to upload a file, or 'Import a List' in ACS terminology.

This option is available for use under Profiles & audiences section -> Imports

- Just like ACC, FDA Implementation could also be done in ACS to import data. An 'External database' type of External Account could be created and data could be imported into ACS. Kindly note, this would generate a customized Schema within ACS.

You could then reference that Schema in your Workflow, or maybe link it with the standard Profile Schema.

I am not very sure of the implementation details and feasibility of the same, so far, I haven't come across any client implementing something like this for Profiles.

Let me know if I have misinterpreted your query by any chance.

Level 2

Hi Garima,

I think he meant creating a new target mapping to contact Users instead of Profiles for example. I'm also interested if we still can't create target mappings with a different resource than Profile to send for example, alerts to users.

Could you provide any insight?

Regards,

Jose

Level 2
Hello, I have a similar situation. Did anyone of you got through this?

Level 2

Yes correct. That is what I meant in this question.

We want to use a resource other than Profile for the targeting like Customer or User or such.

/Mikael

Level 2

Hi Garima,

Could you provide some insight on this matter?

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi mikaelb4687966​, Jose,

There is no way a customized Target Mapping could be created for Schema other than Profiles, ACS doesn't allow that.

If you have access to Support Portal (https://support.neolane.net), you could raise a ticket with us.
We could then discuss this further with our Product Engineering Team and get it raised as an Enhancement Request for future Releases.