Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Creating a dynamic URL with Product code

Level 2

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have unique product codes per profile (column="product code") which should be included in the linking URL. Can this be done as dynamic content in Adobe Campaign Standard? So a standard URL that in the middle of it has ..._productcode=xxx_ and this string should be then replaced by this unique value that exists in a workflow column. So that I could define the URL separately and the part of it that is dynamic. Or do I need to do that logic in an external tool?

Thanks already in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mikael-P,

You don't need an external tool rather by carrying additional data as product code you will able to create personalized URL for each of the profiles that you're targeting with expression defined earlier on the query activity.

Take a look at this documentation as a reference and here city passed as additional data on the query activity to personalize each profile. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/campaign/standard/designing/using/personalizing-urls.html

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Mikael-P,

You don't need an external tool rather by carrying additional data as product code you will able to create personalized URL for each of the profiles that you're targeting with expression defined earlier on the query activity.

Take a look at this documentation as a reference and here city passed as additional data on the query activity to personalize each profile. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/campaign/standard/designing/using/personalizing-urls.html

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hi @SatheeskannaK , thanks for the reply! In this example the dynamic content was inserted at the end of the url, do you know if we can also insert it in the middle of an url and continue the url structure after that while keeping the link still clickable in ACS? I mean i can test this myself, but just thought you might know if it should work or not.

Thanks anyway for the help!

BR,

Mikael

Community Advisor

Hi @Mikael-P,

Yes you can either pass this as an additional data during your initial query by creating expression or maybe using an enrichment activity define the url parameters in the middle and at the end personalize within the email delivery.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Thanks a lot for the input @SatheeskannaK ! We will try this out.

BR,

Mikael