Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Count of Message prepared greater than ISSUE

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue while sending a campaign, the workflow errors with the following message.

DLV-490023 The count of message prepared (1007) is greater than the number of messages to send (999). Please contact support.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?

Kenji

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello kenjit2993550

This error indicates that the result of the personalization step of the delivery is targeting more recipients than the initial target. This may happen when you have several personalization possibilities for a contact. For example you are using purchase amounts for a given product. You expect that there is only one purchase of this product per contact but there are several in the database. In this case the system will create one message per record.

You should check your personalization definition and ask the administrator to check database integrity.

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

Ananya Kuthiala

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello kenjit2993550

This error indicates that the result of the personalization step of the delivery is targeting more recipients than the initial target. This may happen when you have several personalization possibilities for a contact. For example you are using purchase amounts for a given product. You expect that there is only one purchase of this product per contact but there are several in the database. In this case the system will create one message per record.

You should check your personalization definition and ask the administrator to check database integrity.

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

Ananya Kuthiala

Level 2

Hi Ananya,

Your answer was very helpful.

I solved the issue by including duplicates in the "to" section of the delivery.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kenji Tsuchiya

Level 3

Hi,

Can you please help me how did you resolve this issue ? I am using a Direct Mail Component to generate a file and I am getting this error. Not sure what personalization direct mail component is applying.

The count of message prepared (80628) is greater than the number of messages to send (6719). Please contact support.

Thanks

Sid

Community Advisor

That means one the the fields used in your personnalization can have multiple values. I mean it can be a 1-n link with your profile table

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Thank you @ananya_kuthiala and @DavidKangni,

I had the same error and the count was wrong due to the exclusion caused by a typology rule:

The error message was: The count of message prepared (0) is less than the number of messages to send (1). Most likely there is an issue with an outer join used to load personalization information.

And the cause ocurred before: Applying SQL based rule '....' : 1 recipients(s) excluded in 0.0s.

Regards.