Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Configure workflow to send to external API

Level 2

I have a use case where we want to send data to a 3rd party endpoint as part of a workflow, however, it seems like this isn't currently possible. I'm aware of the External API action within workflows but it looks like this is limited to GET requests rather than POST. 

Has anyone found a solution for this use case?

Edit to original question: it actually looks like it's the request structure that's the problem. The API endpoint I'm calling is expecting a flat JSON structure, whereas the Post Body Template that's generated is nested

alexb75062655_0-1604925699033.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
Unfortunately there is no option for changing the structure today. So if any special format is needed, you may indeed to pass it through a formatting service

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Alex,

You can do both GET and POST using external API. Please refer to some recent posts on that.

ACS Externa API 

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Yes, thanks, I realised that after my original post, hence the edit referring to, what seems to be, a non-editable Post Body Template. Based on the other posts available, it seems that there is no option to change this template structure. I know that I could send the request to my own endpoint, re-format it, and then send it on to the API I'm dealing with but I'm just surprised that there's no option to change the structure within the workflow action.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
Unfortunately there is no option for changing the structure today. So if any special format is needed, you may indeed to pass it through a formatting service

Level 2
Ah ok, thanks for confirming. Do you have any background on why this set structure was chosen? Just trying to understand the lack of flexibility. Thanks!

Administrator
Hi @ramon_bisswanger, Could you please help @alexb75062655 with his further query? Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor
Unfortunately I don't have much background on why Engineering developed it this way. I think it was just the "easiest" as it is very similar to the common structure of temporary workflow tables in ACS workflows