Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Change Event Configuration ID

Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Adobe Campaign and my organization has created Event Configurations and Transactional Messages. However, they have typed in the ID for the events incorrectly and ACS doesn't allow the edit of the IDs.

I was able to update the ID of the Event configurations and Transactional Messages of one test event using Workflows. I imported a csv file, located the event configuration using the event type and updated its ID.

However, I am not sure if that's a good idea or if that's going to break the integrity of the database or leave orphaned data.

Is there a good way of doing this as re-creating the events and transactional messages is a lot of work.

1654593_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rana,

Welcome to Adobe Campaign Standard!

Find all documentation, release notes, Experience League, tutorials and more here: Adobe Campaign Standard Learn & Support

The easiest way would be to generate unique IDs and reimport everything to reconcile it with a unique ID.

See here: Adobe Campaign Help | Generating a unique ID for profiles and custom resources

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Pablo

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rana,

Welcome to Adobe Campaign Standard!

Find all documentation, release notes, Experience League, tutorials and more here: Adobe Campaign Standard Learn & Support

The easiest way would be to generate unique IDs and reimport everything to reconcile it with a unique ID.

See here: Adobe Campaign Help | Generating a unique ID for profiles and custom resources

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Pablo

Level 1

Thank you for the documentation

Level 4

I am not sure how you are planning to change the id but I don't think it is a good idea to change the id field manually in the back end. May be you can raise a support ticket to confirm this with Tech Ops team.