Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Campaign - FIle Name Personalizations

Level 2

Hi All,

I'm pretty new in Adobe Campaign.

I was wandering if it is possible to easily retrieve information and insert them in a filename (i.e with Data Extraction, Direct mail activities etc.. ) 

Our purpose is to set a filename of a delivery (Direct Mail) as following:

<Extraction date>_<DeliveryID>_<CampaignCode>_<CampaignLabel>.csv

I see that for "Extraction date" and "Delivery ID" this could be easy, but for the other ones is there a way to retrieve the information directly in the filename without insert a javascript activity or customizations?

Our aim is to create a Template Delivery that is already configured for the described filename.

Thank you very much for your support.

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Andrea,

It will be a combination of multiple tasks.

Procedure for data extraction will be different from Direct Mail

Data Extraction activity.

1. Inside the workflow have a JS script activity to fetch campaign related details like code and label. Steps on how to extract it are mentioned on the related article.http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/campaign-forum/adobe-campaign.topic.html/forum__...
  2. DeliveryID will not be available in Data Extraction activity so we will skip it.
  3. Extraction data, in this case, will be the date and time when extraction is happening as part of workflow, so you can use 
    formatDate(new Date(), "%2D/%2M/%2Y")

In case of delivery, you will have a similar setup, its just that value caluclated in JS activity will have to be passed to delivery parameters so that they are available in delivery context as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Andrea,

It will be a combination of multiple tasks.

Procedure for data extraction will be different from Direct Mail

Data Extraction activity.

1. Inside the workflow have a JS script activity to fetch campaign related details like code and label. Steps on how to extract it are mentioned on the related article.http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/campaign-forum/adobe-campaign.topic.html/forum__...
  2. DeliveryID will not be available in Data Extraction activity so we will skip it.
  3. Extraction data, in this case, will be the date and time when extraction is happening as part of workflow, so you can use 
    formatDate(new Date(), "%2D/%2M/%2Y")

In case of delivery, you will have a similar setup, its just that value caluclated in JS activity will have to be passed to delivery parameters so that they are available in delivery context as well.

Level 2

Thank you very much for your explanation.

It has been very helful!

Andrea