Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Brand Configuration - Tracking URL configuration - Applicability condition

Level 3

Hi all,

can someone explain to me what "Applicability condition" is and how it works?

This is our scenario.

I extended the Delivery schema with some new fields (eg. utm_source).

Then I set these new fields as parameters in "Tracking URL configuration" in Brand Configuration settings.

In this way, when I create a new delivery, I can specifiy a fixed value for each of these new fields, for example utm_source = test. Campaign will automatically add these fields to any links (eg. www.test.com?utm_source=test ).

If I leave these fields empty, Campaign will automatically add just fields name to each link (eg. www.test.com?utm_source=) .

I need to understand if there is a way to set a condition like this:

• if the field is NOT empty, then Campaign will add this field to each link
  • if the field is empty, then Campaign will NOT add this field to each link (so I have just www.test.com instead of www.test.com?utm_source=)

I I need this kind of condition because in some cases I haven't a fixed value, I need to use a dynamic value, for example the current date (eg. utm_source=20200714 for today, utm_source=20200715 for tomorrow and so on). In these cases, I set the utm_source directly in the HTML using a content block.

Without a condition like the one specified above, if the field is empty and I set the utm directly in the HTML, the URL will have two utm_source: the one specified in the HTML and the one of the Brand Configuration setting (eg. www.test.com?utm_source=20200714&utm_source= )

I suppose that I can use "Applicability condition" to set this logic, but I don't understand how to set it (I tried IS NOT NULL condition but it didn't work).

Thank for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I finally figured it out.  It uses javascript logic.  Here is a couple of examples of Applicability conditions:

Testing for Null

context.delivery.campaign.label == ''

Testing for Not Null

context.delivery.campaign.label != ''

Hope that helps.  John

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

I finally figured it out.  It uses javascript logic.  Here is a couple of examples of Applicability conditions:

Testing for Null

context.delivery.campaign.label == ''

Testing for Not Null

context.delivery.campaign.label != ''

Hope that helps.  John

Administrator

Hi @LiviaD1,

I understand it has been long since you posted this query, but would you like to try and confirm whether the given solution works? It would immensely help other Campaign users looking for an answer to this query.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 6
Yes it is working in Stage and Production instances. We also validated in Google Analytics.

Level 3
Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa right now we found a different solution so I can't test it. Anyway @johnwwilcoxmba tested it so it seems to work!