Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Bounce summary report population

Employee

Hi,

I created a delivery and sent it to an email which I am sure doesn't exist. The delivery is still in "Sending" state and trying repeatedly to send that email since 4 days now as seen in the delivery log. When will the delivery sending stop and get updated in the bounce report saying that this delivery could not be sent and have the value "1" in the Bounce summary report for the column "Bounces"?

Any help in this is highly appreciated. I am pretty new to this tool.

Thanks,

Vignesh

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Vignesh,

Each email address has an error counter that is incremented when the sending of a message fails. In a default configuration, an address is quarantined after one 'hard' or five consecutive 'soft' errors at least 24 hours apart.

So it will take 5 days, you can change this configuration from your email deliveries.

Read this to fully understand the mechanism.

Regards,

Amit

Employee

Hi Amit,

I am trying in ACS env, not v6. And I see that even after 5 days, the delivery which I had created still is in "Sending" state and in the log, I see "DEL-430020 Scheduling next retry to xxxxxx".

Any idea when this might actually go to the bounce report?

Thanks,

Vignesh

Level 10

Hi Vignesh,

This is a strange behavior, I am not sure why this is happening. Can you configure another delivery with one valid address and one invalid just to be sure that email deliverability is configured correctly?

Regards,

Amit

Employee

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your input. I did try to create a new delivery and included 2 email addresses in the target section. One a proper email and another a bounce email id (tested that it was a bounce email by sending a mail from my personal email id). When I started the delivery, the delivery has executed saying 100% successful " All messages have been processed" and in the sending logs, I see that the message has been sent successfully to the bounce email as well.

Any insight on this behavior is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Vignesh

Level 10

Hi Vignesh,

Are you able to see the bounce address under Administration > Channels > Quarantines > Addresses?

Or do you have a way to have your instance configuration checked? I just tried on the latest version deployed (17.5) and it seems to be working correctly.

Let me know,

Florent.