Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Best practices for custom multilingual resources

Level 2

Hello,

I would like to know how would you define a custom resource (products, product categories) where every item in that resource has different versions for every language.

Would you ingest the product or the category of only one language (just english, or spanish), or would you record all the variants in different rows, for the same item?

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Mario

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Good morning Mario,

Since your solution will be multi-lingual and you would want maybe in the future to use the product catalogue information to display product in your communications, I strongly suggest that the product catalogue be multi-lingual too....the product unique identifier would be SKU+Language.

Then, when you get the order items into Campaign, the Order Management System or ECommerce system would have to ensure they pass you the product identifier associated with the product language (SKU+Langauge). It is a very common design pattern for multi-lingual ECommerce site.

For Categories, depending of your use cases, you might just need to have them in a single language and you have 2 solutions:

1. Provide them via flat fields in the Product Catalogue (reserved 4 or 5 fields), probably the easiest solution
  2. Build a custom entity, kind of a lookup entity (name+label) and have 4 or 5 links in Product Catalogue

Hope this helps,

Thanks a lot

Denis

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Good morning Mario,

Since your solution will be multi-lingual and you would want maybe in the future to use the product catalogue information to display product in your communications, I strongly suggest that the product catalogue be multi-lingual too....the product unique identifier would be SKU+Language.

Then, when you get the order items into Campaign, the Order Management System or ECommerce system would have to ensure they pass you the product identifier associated with the product language (SKU+Langauge). It is a very common design pattern for multi-lingual ECommerce site.

For Categories, depending of your use cases, you might just need to have them in a single language and you have 2 solutions:

1. Provide them via flat fields in the Product Catalogue (reserved 4 or 5 fields), probably the easiest solution
  2. Build a custom entity, kind of a lookup entity (name+label) and have 4 or 5 links in Product Catalogue

Hope this helps,

Thanks a lot

Denis

Level 2

Hello Denis,

Thank you very much for you answer! It is exactly the information I needed to go on with the implementation

Very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Mario