Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Best Practice for sending monthly campaign

Level 2

Hi,

I have a monthly campaign and there is only 1 workflow in this campaign. In this workflow basically there is 1 Query activity (simple filter to select recipient who has subscribed to a service / subscription) and 1 email delivery.

My question is what is the best practice to set up and send out this monthly campaign in Adobe Campaign ?

at the moment,  I am creating a new campaign with 1 workflow with 1 Query and 1 email delivery activity every month. Don't think this is a correct way.

Or should I be using the same campaign, then in the same workflow, just replicate the Query activity and email delivery activity for each month ?

Thanks and Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Best practice!! As of now you are just focused on creating a workflow and sending the delivery out but what would you do when someone from leadership team comes and ask you to give you quarterly/Yearly subscription Report or compare the reports from last quarters/years?

You need to plan for all possibilities and scalability even for small campaigns like this.

Creating a report for deliveries, 12 in case of 1 year and 24 if you are considering 2 years, will take some time.

What If you had only one delivery just choose the time filter and voila!! you have a report, that's something can happen if you choose a right delivery type. In your case, i would recommend use continuous delivery.

If you want to know the difference between continuous delivery and recurring delivery read this article.

Final outcome:

Incremental query(will work as scheduler and query, no need to use a date filter as this will not re-target any old subscriber, inbuilt index) and a continuous delivery.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Add a Scheduler activity and configure it to execute every month.

Level 10

Hi,

You have different ways of doing this, depending on what best suits your needs.

You can have:

• 1 campaign for each month
  • 1 workflow per month in the same campaign
  • 1 campaign with only 1 workflow that would contain a Scheduler (as mentioned by David), a query/incremental query, a delivery/recurring delivery. With the information you shared in your post, my guess is that would probably be the best option.

Florent

Level 2

Thanks Florent. I thought the same; method 3 is the best option. My next question is we have to use recurring delivery in this method? From my understanding with a normal delivery; once deployment is finished we can't reuse it ?

Regards.

Level 3

Hi binhr47192046,

By using the recurring delivery template it will be re-usable.

The template creates a "copy" of the delivery, AC will use this delivery to dispatch your content to your target group.

Regards,

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Best practice!! As of now you are just focused on creating a workflow and sending the delivery out but what would you do when someone from leadership team comes and ask you to give you quarterly/Yearly subscription Report or compare the reports from last quarters/years?

You need to plan for all possibilities and scalability even for small campaigns like this.

Creating a report for deliveries, 12 in case of 1 year and 24 if you are considering 2 years, will take some time.

What If you had only one delivery just choose the time filter and voila!! you have a report, that's something can happen if you choose a right delivery type. In your case, i would recommend use continuous delivery.

If you want to know the difference between continuous delivery and recurring delivery read this article.

Final outcome:

Incremental query(will work as scheduler and query, no need to use a date filter as this will not re-target any old subscriber, inbuilt index) and a continuous delivery.

Regards,

Amit

Employee

Good information with examples. Thank you Amit!

Level 2

Thanks so much Amit. The way how we are running these monthly campaigns (mainly monthly newsletter eDMs) is.

• Receive a list from marketing team. consolidate this list with data in campaign then generating a list.
  • Build email template.
  • Finally send email.

with this scenario. Every send I will need to edit the query activity to select the new list. edit the delivery activity refer to the new monthly newsletter template.

Can I ask we can still apply your final outcome to this scenario ?

Regards,

Level 10

Hi, happy to help!

If you are updating the existing list with new data and using same filtering condition, then it will be suitable, but if you are creating new List, then you have to use a scheduler+standard query with an updated filter.

Regards,

Amit