Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Adobe Rich client browser

Community Advisor

Hello,

Is Adobe campaign rich client using underlying operating systems' browser?

Where the version can be found?

eg when browsing  reports, surveys, web apps in within AC client

Marcel

13 Replies

Level 5

Hi Marcel,

My understanding is that email/webapps/report previews use the Internet Explorer rendering engine... this is what I was told when I first started using Neolane and this stacks up based on my experience of building and testing these types of resources.

I'm not sure how to find out which version it is using though. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this.

Thanks

David

Employee

Hi Marcel,

Load the Webapp , Report or survey url in a browser and then try to view the page source.

You would get a <meta> tag which will show you the IE versions being used .

For example :

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9,10">

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 10

Hi Adhiyan,

Sorry but this is not correct actually.

You mislead the meta tag parameter put in some report/webApp objects and the under the underlying IE engine version used.

For instance, reports generate as meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9"/>

which means that the content is intended to be used/compliant for IE9 or over.

It doesn't mean the underlying engine used by Adobe Campaign rich client.

For webApp, it depends if you use the webApp v5 page (compatibility object, in 2nd tab) or the new webApp page (1st tab) as for Landing page or registration form based on this object, in the latter case, there are no meta tags generated for IE content at all.

(Of course someone can force meta tag in the webApp v6 code, but it is  not useful and interpreted by browsers because it is generated after the remaining head part.)

I found the exact build for which underlying engine IE11 was first compatible: build 8622 January 2015:https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/RN_legacy.html

Adobe Campaign Release Notes

BR
JS

Level 10

Hi Marcel,

I am pretty sure of this information, at least for Windows 7 platform, even though it should be confirmed for exact build numbers:
Over AC v6.1.1, it is IE11 browser.
Under 6.1 it was IE 9.0
And IE8.0 for 6.0 and 4/5.

It is why you must have Internet Explorer installed/updated on your PC, even if you want to use another default browser for your own navigation.

I don't know at all for Windows 8 and Windows 10 PC, I guess it is underlying IE11, but perhaps there is a way to change it for Microsoft Edge engine instead.

Best Regards
J-Serge

Community Advisor

Hello Jean-Serge Biron​,

I have Adobe client v7 installed, windows has  IE11, but JS code which should work 100% in > IE10 does not work at all within the client.

I think this meta tag could be the best guess i can get and the main cause why the script is not working

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />

This meta tag will cause IE to run the web app in compatibility mode for IE9 eventhogh I have IE11 installed.

So I would change my question to how do I change this meta tag  to e.g. I am not able to find where this can be set up. I thing is done on the background

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

Marcel

Community Advisor

Hello again,

i found where this meta is created

xtk:form/web-core.xsl

1478875_pastedImage_0.png

Is there a way to change/extend it here?

Marcel

Employee

Hi Marcel,

To disable this default behavior about setting IE9 in the meta tag of webApps, you need to be on a version above 8795 . After that you can create an option under platform options to disable this compatibility setting.

Detailled step:

in Administration>Platform>Options

Create a new Option with the folowing value

Internal name: XtkDashboard_DisableIE9Compatibility

Data type: text

Value (text): true

Save

After that if you publish the Web App it should not default to the IE9 compatibility mode.

Level 1

Hi Adhiyan​, I am on build version 8936 and even after adding this option and publishing the webApp, I see that this meta tag is still present. Is this no longer supported in the aforementioned version?

Employee

Hello Navjot,

The meta tag will still be present but the compatible mode will change from IE9 to IE-edge or IE11.

The purpose of the option is to not restrict compatibility to only IE9.

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 1

Hi Adhiyan​,

Yes, even I expect the same but it still shows IE9 and not IE-edge or IE11.

Thanks

Navjot Singh

Community Advisor

Hehe it's really written there thank you

So there is no workaround If I am on version 8795? Just tell people to use chrome or disable compatibility mode in IE

Marcel

Employee

Hi Marcel,

I am sorry , the feature was added in 8795 and above so in 8795 also you can create this option to override the IE compatibility.

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 2

hello.

kinda reopening an old subject but did anyone ever manage to acces external page from the client.

using the input type="urlViewer" and accessing any page on internet, did show the error above

(i did try to access a regular page like google)

this happens on v7 and v8 (last version included)

workstation is windows 10 with last edge/other browser installed.

(page works ok when using browser regularly)

thanks for the help