Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Load File. File structure change ignored

icoggin
Level 2
Level 2

The issue I have seen several time is this. In a workflow, in the Load File process. I "Upload a new file from a local machine" this has UK sortcodes in it (e.g. in format 30-20-10). This file has about 60 columns so on the "File Structure" step I use the "Detect structure from new file" option.
Then the UK bank sortcode field is auto-detected as a "Date". Before the Load File is saved and the workflow is run. I got to "Column Definition" and change the datatype for that sortcode field to "text"

When I start the workflow that change to text is ignored. The Load File process fails with the error message "TIM-030002 The element 'Month' = '13' is out of limits in the strong '30-13-52'!"
I agree there is no 13th month but this is a Text datatype. So Adobe campaign should not be doing that validation. When I go back into the Load File process and the File Structure, it is showing as Text.

What is the simplest and most effective method of overcoming this?

1 Accepted Solution
DavidKangni
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

You have an caching issue. I will recommend to restart the config of you file upload activity

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidKangni
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

You have an caching issue. I will recommend to restart the config of you file upload activity

View solution in original post

icoggin
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks David It is definitely something like that. Clearing the cache and restarting will do the trick I expect. It eventually went away also after other edits and saves and restarts which I guess must have updated the cache.
icoggin
Level 2
Level 2

In case someone searches on error message codes. I also got this again and the different error message for this: BAS-010048 The field 'Day' with value '30-13-52' in '30-13-52' is too long. Maximum of 2 characters.

Again the sort code field was automatically detected as Date and then was again not picking up my change to Text. I had copied the workflow, deleted and re-added the activity all to no avail. But I overcame the error when I deleted the sort code field and manually added in a field with the same name and move it to the same location in the file. The restarted the workflow and it worked....