Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

ACS will not save my conditional expressions. I created a condition using an expression if met removes the structure. However, it will not save.

Level 1

ACS will not save my conditional expressions. I have created a newsletter email that each structure (article + image) has various dynamic conditions that will decide whether to display that structure based on profile data. For profiles that will not see a specific article/image (structure), I want to remove the extra spaces in the email. I created a condition using an expression if met should remove the structure so there are no extra spaces or placeholders in the final email delivery. However, it will not save. I click accept and save but the conditional express isn't saved properly. I was getting an error that was along the lines of "error with saving your thumbnails". Note, the system runs extremely slow. Why will my conditional expression not save but if I used the out of box simplified conditions it does save? Is this a system, config or user issue? Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

@Skotmor Can you share the screenshot and condition?

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Hello Sathees,

Attached are details. Let me know what you think. I welcome any advice or ideas. Thank you in advance, Andrew

andrew@bondicreative.com

Community Advisor

Is there a reason to keep this structure?

SatheeskannaK_1-1715876373879.png

You can remove this by going to the navigation tree in the email designer and removing it.

SatheeskannaK_0-1715876217149.png

Also, the advanced expression that checks stateCode='QB' you mentioned can't be used in dynamic conditions.

<% if(context.profile.location.stateCode === 'QB') { %>

<!-- No Content -->

<% } %>

Additionally, you can have a visibility condition (located right side of the email designer), incase if you don't want to display the entire structure. Refer to this documentation.

SatheeskannaK_0-1715885599223.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Sathees, Thank you for the response. I do have a few more questions or issues related to this topic.

1- That I can tell, that visibility expression can only be done with limited fragments. Ie it only is available as an option for the photo in the structure in Col 1 and not the copy block in Col 2 within the same structure.

2- Unfortunately, the drop down for devise visibility does not have "don't show on any device". Instead the only options are "show on all", "on mobile only" or "show on desktop only". That would be ideally to simply select "don't show on any devices". Is there a way to configure this option by an admin?

3-Since my expression won't work above, is there a way to simply make the default "blank"?....meaning simply remove the structure as the default. For my needs, that would be the best, I currently have removed all content from the default dynamic condition in the example below.  BUT, again, when the email goes out, the default will still display the placeholders spaces for that respective structure.

Please let me know what you advise.  Thank you, Andrew

P.S. The copy block with the Test Message is just temporary....I will delete before the finals go out.

Skotmor_0-1715951307991.png

Community Advisor

@Skotmor Here are my comments,

1- That I can tell, that visibility expression can only be done with limited fragments. Ie it only is available as an option for the photo in the structure in Col 1 and not the copy block in Col 2 within the same structure. - Yes. Visibility condition applied at a structure level.

2- Unfortunately, the drop down for devise visibility does not have "don't show on any device". Instead the only options are "show on all", "on mobile only" or "show on desktop only". That would be ideally to simply select "don't show on any devices". Is there a way to configure this option by an admin? - No. Currently, there's no such capability available.

3-Since my expression won't work above, is there a way to simply make the default "blank"?....meaning simply remove the structure as the default. For my needs, that would be the best, I currently have removed all content from the default dynamic condition in the example below.  BUT, again, when the email goes out, the default will still display the placeholders spaces for that respective structure. - With dynamic conditions, you can't remove the entire structure rather you can display different content within that particular structure component. I would suggest putting that at a visibility condition level and hiding the structure rather than using dynamic conditions.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

Unfortunately, the visibility condition doesn't apply to the entire structure, only the image in the structure.  So, I am clear, even though when setting a condition there is an "advanced mode" which appears to have the ability to set the condition based on an expression such as below, Adobe Campaign actually doesn't support the ability to use an expression? Why have the advanced mode? Or am I just using the expression capability incorrectly? Thanks in advance, Andrew

if(context.profile.location.stateCode.toUpperCase() !== 'QB'.toUpperCase()) {
    // Do not display anything
} else {
    // Display the content
}

if(context.profile.location.stateCode.toUpperCase() !== 'QB'.toUpperCase()) {

// Do not display anything

} else {

// Display the content

}

Community Advisor

@Skotmor I'm curious, did you try applying the visibility condition at a structure level when you have a 2:2 column structure like this? Is that not working? and also did you try to apply the visibility condition for both columns separately?

SatheeskannaK_0-1716433896521.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1
  1. The newsletter does use 2 col structures. In Col 1 (left Col), when I select it, I see the visibility condition which is great. See below.

AndrewJo5_0-1716507997497.png

But when select Col 2, the right col, that visibility condition disappears.

AndrewJo5_1-1716508084732.png

Same thing when I select the structure....there is no visibility condition.

AndrewJo5_2-1716508175944.png

My client wants each structure to have only one image + article combination as one dynamic condition. Which means if that condition isn't met, the default is shown which needs to be blank. The reason for this is in the day to day newsletter creator may not be done by an experienced ACS person. So from a copy writer's perspective, to be able to see all possible articles stacked without having to toggle between dynamic conditions by structure is ideal.

Example: (Note, the articles are placeholders for test)

AndrewJo5_3-1716508531019.png

Any additional ideas or thoughts on how I can do this? Thank you, Andrew

Community Advisor

I see that you're trying to apply the visibility condition at a column level. It should be either at a component or structure level. For your criteria, you can apply at the structure level.

Screenshot shows that the visibility condition won't be available when applied at the column level.

SatheeskannaK_0-1716925211625.png

When it is chosen at the structure level it shows the visibility condition,

SatheeskannaK_2-1716925287312.png

Thanks, Sathees