Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS Transactional messaging

Level 4

Hi all,

Hope to find you well.

For our client I am trying to set up a simple profle transactional message when a customer subscribes to a NewsLetter service.

I can successfully send test proofs to my test profile from within my Profle transactional message but when trying through a workflow to subscribe to the service then absolutely nothing happens.

Is there a way to see if the event is triggered, a log of some sorts or some sort of method to debug what goes wrong?

Kind regards

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Robert,

I had to take your instance details from the support ticket to troubleshoot this further. At first I must say that your Service, Event and Transactional message template is all properly defined.

When I subscribed my profile to your Newsletter service, I got a confirmation email.

Your requirement is to subscribe profiles using workflow. Workflow is to be used for mass subscription and unsubscription. Using this way, there will be no confirmation message sent because it is assumed you are pulling in these profiles from a trusted source where they have already given their confirmation to subscribe to your service.

The confirmation message functionality is available for API based subscription or subscription through landing pages.

This is also mentioned on our public documentation Adobe Campaign Help | Subscription Services but I now believe this should be highlighted more. Gaurang Mathur​ May I request you to flag this with documentation team. 1537539_pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi robayzma,

You can check the logs by going into Adobe Campaign > Marketing plans > Transactional Messages > Transactional Messages

When the page opens up, on the left side there will be a button to show side menu

1536633_pastedImage_1.png

Click on it

Enable Show internal transactional messages

Depending on your action i.e. Unsubscribe/Subscribe there will be a Transactional template

1536634_pastedImage_2.png

If you are using your own, then check out for that as well.

Open it and click on the Elipsis button on right side 1536635_pastedImage_3.png

On the window that opens up fo to tab Execution List

Pick the latest delivery, open it and check if there were any errors in delivery analysis and if not, then check if there is error in the delivery logs

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hello Vipul Raghav

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

So I've created my own event

1536625_pastedImage_0.png

And the corresponding transactional message has also been published:

1536638_pastedImage_1.png

The log on the other hand says nothing

1536639_pastedImage_2.png

I've checked the typology rules and I've made sure the service has this event bound to it

1536640_pastedImage_3.png

But there doesn't seem to be any log of anything happening, not sure how to progress do you have any idea of how to debug this?

Kind regards

Robert

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Robert,

I had to take your instance details from the support ticket to troubleshoot this further. At first I must say that your Service, Event and Transactional message template is all properly defined.

When I subscribed my profile to your Newsletter service, I got a confirmation email.

Your requirement is to subscribe profiles using workflow. Workflow is to be used for mass subscription and unsubscription. Using this way, there will be no confirmation message sent because it is assumed you are pulling in these profiles from a trusted source where they have already given their confirmation to subscribe to your service.

The confirmation message functionality is available for API based subscription or subscription through landing pages.

This is also mentioned on our public documentation Adobe Campaign Help | Subscription Services but I now believe this should be highlighted more. Gaurang Mathur​ May I request you to flag this with documentation team. 1537539_pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul