Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

ACS - Personalization conditional expression in Multilingual Push template

Level 2

Hello Adobe Campaign Standard Expert,

I am using multilingual template for push notification template and it uses content block that determines which variant to select for the particular languages. If  target populations are from different countries then content block decides the template based on customer countries.

Now, what i am looking is to personalized the delivery content message based on segment (targetdata) from the workflow.

I am using two segment 'Apple' and 'Android' and named the segment code as Apple and Android.  In the delivery content template, this segment code is used for conditional expression as  shown below

<%

if (Segment code == "Apple" )

{

%>IOS Message Tiltle<%

}

else if (Segment code == "Android")

{

%>Android Message Title<%

}

else

{

%>Default Message<%

}

%>¨Capture.PNG

But when I ran the delivery, it returns an error.

27/08/2018 19:16:04

SCR-160032 JavaScript: failure while compiling script 'TemplateCheck'.

27/08/2018 19:16:04

JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'TemplateCheck' line 4: illegal XML character (line='if (<%= context.targetData.segmentCode document.writeraw(" == \"Apple\" )\r\n{\r\n%>IOS Message Tiltle"); ' token='%= context.targetData.segmentCode document.writeraw(" == \"Apple\" )\r\n{\r\n%>IOS Message Tiltle"); ').

Capture1.PNG

Can anyone please suggest how I can use targetdata in personalization for conditional expression.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!

3 Replies

Level 2

Could anyone please suggest the workaround?

Adhiyan

florentlb

Employee

Hello Rajdeep,

Can you share the full code from the subject line.

Also , can you try to use "=" instead of "==" in the script and try.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Did this get resolved? I'm having a similar issue. It is possible to insert a personalised field OR an If statement. But if I use a personalised field within the if statement then I get the same error.