Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

[ACS] How to ad a link in a Profile Event (Message Center) with a Profile Custom Field ?

Level 4

Hello,

I have a question about add a link into a transactionnal profile event. I created a new field in an Profile Extension, it is a personalized Id (idCRM).

img1.PNG

Now, I would like link my Event with a field from the API Call fired on this event and my custom id.1362139_pastedImage_3.png

The problem is that when i'm trying to find my custom ID, I don't find it... And I don't have any custom fields I already created ?

1362140_pastedImage_4.png

Could you help me about this ?

Best Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi arouillard44 ,

I have got information from experts that you will be able to use fields from profile extension for linking after the product release in February 2018, if there are no furthe delays.

At the moment, I would suggest not to link your event with configuration if email is not the unique field to work with.

instead fire an API call to profilesAndServiceExt and then get all relevant profile details.

Use this data to then fire an API call to event and pass everything needed for personalization into CTX.

Sorry, its not elegant but given the circumstances, it appears to be the best solution.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

It is not possible at the moment. We are working on providing this feature in a new release.

Please keep an eye on the product release notes

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul, 

Thanks for that information...

What are you suggesting to permit me to link my client fired by API Call with Recipients in my ACS Database ?

We have an External id like I said (idCRM), it is the only field that permit us to make the difference between 2 profiles.

We can't do the link by email because it's possible for us to have 2 different recipient with the same email, but not for the same source...

Do I need to update an native field that we don't use ? like encrypted id maybe ? Is it not dangerous ?

Regards,

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi arouillard44 ,

I have got information from experts that you will be able to use fields from profile extension for linking after the product release in February 2018, if there are no furthe delays.

At the moment, I would suggest not to link your event with configuration if email is not the unique field to work with.

instead fire an API call to profilesAndServiceExt and then get all relevant profile details.

Use this data to then fire an API call to event and pass everything needed for personalization into CTX.

Sorry, its not elegant but given the circumstances, it appears to be the best solution.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Ok Vipul,

I agree, seems the better solution at this moment, waiting to be able to do that in the event configuration.

Thanks for your return,

Regards,