Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

acceptance rate for push notifications

Level 5

Hi everybody!
Is there a way to know push notification acceptance rate on campaign standard?

thanks in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Thanks @fern1 ,

I got it now.

Basically the rule is if user has registration taken it means user has given consent for push notification initially.

This is token that all users are assigned when they register for push notifications.

Now if you need to see how many have given consent you simply need to check that out of all ECID or cloud id, how many of them have empty registration token or valid registration token.

There is no out of box parameter for same.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 6

Hi @fern1 ,

This will only be possible if you have implemented push notification tracking during push notification implementation.

Once that is done, you will able to track every parameter in report as details in below link :

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/reporting/list-of-reports/push-notif...

Let me know if you need more help

Level 5

thank you for your reply @aggabhi!

Since we have the AEP SDK in our app, I am now confirming with the dev team if we are sending the values the documentation points out.

However, even in this link you shared, there is nothing about the notification acceptance rate. Would the only way to get this value to be by inferring that the acceptance rate is the total number of app users subtracted by the total number of pushes sent?

Level 6

Hi @fern1 ,

I might be wrong but as per my understanding acceptance rate is nothing but open rate only for push notifications, Below are parameters which I am using for my own customer and working well with business.

• Processed/sent: Total number of push notifications sent.
  • Delivered: Number of push notifications successfully sent, in relation to the total number of sent push notifications.
  • Impressions: Number of times a push notification has been delivered to the device and left untouched in the notification center. In most cases, impressions number should be similar to the delivered number. This ensures that the device got the message and relayed that information back to the server.
  • Unique impressions: Number of impressions by recipient.
  • Click through rate: Percentage of users who interacted with the push notification.
  • Open rate: Percentage of opened push notifications

Note :- If you still need something else, you can ask the dev team to capture the same and send to adobe campaign tracking table. At adobe campaign end you have to add new element in database,

Happy to discuss more if you want

Level 5

I see, thank you.

In our case, the PO wants to know how many users accept the push notification popup consent that appears in the app. 
If consent is not given, the user won´t receive any push and therefore won't be included in the open rate. On campaign, I can see each cloud ID and the device token for each of them, but I don't receive the token, which makes me think they might have not consented to receive push. That is why I was wondering if there was a metric or dimension that could give me the consent rate.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Thanks @fern1 ,

I got it now.

Basically the rule is if user has registration taken it means user has given consent for push notification initially.

This is token that all users are assigned when they register for push notifications.

Now if you need to see how many have given consent you simply need to check that out of all ECID or cloud id, how many of them have empty registration token or valid registration token.

There is no out of box parameter for same.

Level 5

hey @aggabhi 

so after I followed this
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/administrating/configuring-mobile/co...

we managed to get push click and open. but we still do not have push impression. 
do we need to do something additional?
this is our code:

fern1_0-1696006609699.png

the impression action 7 is there
thanks