Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

About sending e-mail by adobe campaign v7

Level 2

Hello:

I have a question about sending mails with Adobe Campaign. The questions are as follows:

I have a SMTP server. If you want to send an e-mail with this SMTP server, you need to provide a username and password for authentication. However, I did not find any configuration information in the Campaign configuration file

Is there any solution?

To put it simply: it requires SMTP authentication.

version:adobe campaign v7.

thanks

Li

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Li,

Have you seen this?Email server setup

Adobe Campaign does not support authenticated SMTP. You need to configure the MTA so that it accepts all traffic coming from the loopback.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Li,

Have you seen this?Email server setup

Adobe Campaign does not support authenticated SMTP. You need to configure the MTA so that it accepts all traffic coming from the loopback.

Level 2

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your answer. I saw what you said,but I have some confusion as follows:

How does the campaign mail channel do security control?

Here's what I understand.

Campaign needs to build another MTA for campaign to send mail, and the authentication is done in MTA and other MTA.

Am I correct in understanding this?

Level 10

Hi

A Mail Transfer Agent (MTA), which handles Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) traffic, has two responsibilities:

• To send mail from your users to an external MTA (another mail server)
  • To receive mail from an external MTA

Usually, MTA is hosted on a LAN network or on the same server as an application server.

It's configured to receive or send information to a list of servers(mostly over HTTPS) so it's not exposed to public users. It sits behind a strong firewall. Usually, you configure domainlist relay_to_domains, hostlist relay_from_hosts to secure your servers.

Alternatively, you can use mid sourcing servers instead of internal routing.

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi Amit,

Tanks for your answer. I saw what you said.

Now,i have another problem.When I used the MTA in the LAN to send the mail, the times went wrong.

error log as follows:

1.08/11/2017 3:36:43 PM DLV-490075 Failed to connect to the server for the external account 'Email routing using mid-sourcing' (named 'defaultEmailMid').

2.08/11/2017 3:36:41 PM XSV-350035 Connection denied. You have to specify a login

Please let me know where I went wrong

following is my conf.xml

<mta autoStart="true" statServerAddress="localhost">

<relay address="192.168.229.6" port="2525"/>

<child>

<smtp>

<IPAffinity name="default,mid.default,dev.default,test.default">

<!--  For dev instances, if you need a default IP (not recommended), use address="0.0.0.0" -->

<IP address="" heloHost="" publicId="" weight=""/>

</IPAffinity>

</smtp>

</child>

</mta>

192.168.229.6 is my LAN MTA

Thanks.

Level 10

Hi Li,

Have you gone through the different links sent by Amit in his previous post? They should greatly help in setting up the email server.

Let me know,

Florent

Level 10

It looks like you are using Mid sourcing and it's not configured for your environment, This is something done by the support team. you need to get in touch with Neolane support.

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi Florentlb,

Yes,I have do it.

Now that I have been able to successfully receive the mail from my campaign on my MTA.

Thanks & Regards

Li

Level 2

Hi Amit,

Please let me know the difference between Mid sourcing servers and internal routing.

Where can I learn about Mid sourcing servers and internal routing.

Hope to get your help.

Regards

Li

Level 10

Hi Li,

These are two different deployment option in Adobe campaign, Internal routing is used when you have an on-premise deployment or in simple terms, you have your own infrastructure to deliver Email and SMS otherwise you're relying on Adobe cloud messaging or any other third part messaging provider for delivery then you go for mid sourcing model. Your data is hosted on-premise but delivery is handled by a third party system.

Read about Mid sourcing here: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/INS_Deployment_types__Mid-sourcing_deployment.html

Regards,

Amit

Level 4

Hi Amit Amit_Kumar,

Under this link Mid-sourcing server​ which you have mentioned, what is the difference between the two installations mentioned.

In one, it is mentioned to enable "Transfer to Mid Sourcing" and in the other, it is mentioned to enable "Mid-Sourcing platform".

What is the difference between the two approaches.

I am currently in the midst of setting up the on-premise Campaign app server with wfserver enabled for mid sourcing deployment in a hybrid model. I am not clear on the instructions in the docs.

Regards,

Mano

Employee

Hello Mano,

Both of these packages are required in a mid-sourced architecture . The transfer to mid sourcing package should be installed on the marketing server from where you will submit deliveries to mid for sending.

Whereas , the mid-sourcing platform is installed on the actual Mid server from where the deliveries will be routed .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 4

Hi Adhiyan,

Thank you very much for the quick response!! Never expected it from Adobe.

In my case the mid server is hosted at adobe, as we have bought hybrid model. So can you confirm that I can ignore the "mid-sourcing platform" package for my on premise marketing app wfserver.

Thanks and Regards,

Mano

Employee

Hi Mano,

yes that's right!

No need to install the mid-sourcing platform package on the marketing server

Regards,
Adhiyan