I am unable to track the responses in Web App form even when the log responses option is checked in the properties of the page.
What cab be the reason?
Did you choose the log responses Library after option checked?
Did you re-publish the webApp after the modifications?
Thank you for your response .
Yes I did republish the web app but can you please help me with the path where to check the log response Library after selecting from the properties ?
Sent from my iPhone
You're welcome Anita,
After tick the "Log responses" field, you must have the "Library" field displayed in the "Properties" form:
Thanks but yeah library is in place but still it does not capture the responses.
Any additional set up to be done?
Thanks Florian. I did use the storage activity while creating the web app form/landing page but it does not capture the responses.
All seems good.
Is it possible for you to provide a package of the Web Application in order to control the settings?
Well, its difficult to provide the package but do you mind telling me what exactly to check in and I can follow the same?
No worries, here are few things to control:
- In the storage box: the root element must have the good Operation value (insert or update for example) and the fields must be ticked.
- In the webApp: the fill fields must be mapped with the database fields.
- In the preview: the debug mode must display the context with the values filled.
- Re-publish the web application.
Thanks Geoffrey for sharing the control settings but these all are in place too.
Anything else you could think of about the tracking responses?
You're welcome Anita,
Did you deploy the web application on another instance in order to know if the problem comes from the web application herself or from the instance?
That will be good to know if the web application works on another instance.
Indeed, I don't know if the issue comes from the Web Application or from the instance.
If the same Web Application works on another instance, that means the issue comes from the instance and not the Web Application.
The issue is same across the different instances not just with one.
I replicated the web app in another instance but it did not work either.
Could you please run a test with the debug mode in order to display the context, control if the value to store are there and if there is any error?
Feel free to put a screenshot of the web application context for control of it.
Here is the context of debug mode. It is a simple web form :
<ctx lang="en" secret="@eFe12akz0Bt02AMqY351sBimUTEndIAmyHmnUAvHApY/1mPFdjeF6/Do4A4nj+oZOeqXMJo8j9NHpEbauf9/wtVzkV0EzItPzcXz5y2sSIRORH5WgLhtmTtGBbpf72pfvSZ4AUg0YPpqcAcQDM1ExALxTJcbWTlXqEw7j653bOM=" _method="encryptedId"
_folderModel="" origin="neolane" webApp-id="24320650" _target="web" date="2019-04-09T06:13:13Z" _console="1" score="0">
<userInfo timezone="UTC" theme="" orgUnitId="0" noConsoleCnx="true" loginId="3464" loginCS="Web applications agent (webapp)"
login="webapp" locale="en-US" instanceLocale="en-US" homeDir="" datakitInDatabase="true">
<login-right right="webapp" />
<timezone changed="false" current="UTC" />
<activity name="page" type="page" />
<activity name="prefill" type="prefill" />
<activity name="start" type="start" />
<recipient _key="@id" _operation="update" mobileNumber="123456" lastName="Keating" id="524831" firstName="Donald"
firstName_init="Donald" lastName_init="Keating" mobileNumber_init="456789" />
Thanks for the context Anita,
The recipient tag seems to be created properly.
However, I see that the recipient id is already present, I assume that you loading the recipient at the start of the web application.
Is the "Update the preload record" ticked in the Storage object?
Thanks for looking into the above web context. Yes, "update the preloaded record" is checked in the storage activity.
Anything else you could think of ?
I have created a similar web app in another instance and apparently it is showing the Responses but just the date and nothing else.
Here is the screenshot of the logs:
It does not populate any of the recipient's details.
Any idea on this?
When the form is displayed via a URL with the _uuid parameter, the value of the origin parameter is forced to Adobe Campaign.
_uuid enables form viewing before publication and error tracking. This parameter is for internal use (creation and debug): when you access the Web form via this URL, the records created aren't taken into account in the tracking (reports). The origin is forced to the Adobe Campaign value.
It is used with the _preview parameters and/or _debug:
_preview to display the last saved version. This parameter must be used in the test phase only.
_debug to display the trace of the data input or calculated in the pages of the form. This is used to obtain more information about errors, including once the form has been published.