Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

PushEvent from a web app

Level 1

I am trying to trigger a simple Message Center email (only personalization is email address) after someone completes an action on a web app. It appears to work; there are no errors. However, I see no trace of an event having been triggered. To troubleshoot, I took the code into a workflow and tried to query the event that is created. However, in spite of it generating an event ID, it then tells me that the event ID does not exist.

Relevant code:

1600476_pastedImage_0.png

Relevant log data:

1600475_pastedImage_5.png

Any thoughts? Thanks!

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you share the SOAP request you are triggering from the webapp to message centre.

Level 1

Hi; thanks for your reply! I should have been more specific: by "web app," I mean that it is actually an Adobe Campaign Web App (under Resources > Online > Web applications). It is not an external call to the database so a SOAP request should not be needed.

Community Advisor

Hey Mark,

Can you please elaborate a bit more,

Member completes action... from this point how are you triggering the email push event to message centre?

Level 1

Hey David,

What you see in my screenshot is it. That's the entirety of the code that I'm trying to use to trigger the Message Center event. This is a sign-up page to add new recipients to the table. The previous step of the web app has this simple code.

1602672_pastedImage_0.png

I am trying to invoke PushEvent immediately after this to send a confirmation email to the user. FYI, I am trying to follow the option offered by dattarays70361342 in this thread:Send an email to a visitor (NOT Recipient, NOT list)

Community Advisor

have you setup the transactional template accordingly and eventType enumeration mapped to the template? and published it?

Level 1

Yes, yes, and yes. And in fact, I have a new discovery on this. I found the events that have been triggered by this, but they're showing up in an unexpected place. Rather than seeing them in System > Message Center > Event history like all our external APIs to Message Center, I am seeing them in System > Production > Message Center > Default > Real time events. Here, I am getting "Event not covered" errors, presumably because my published templates aren't located here (and are not supposed to be here).

See screenshot below. P.S. Thanks for your help!

1605688_pastedImage_4.png

Community Advisor

Seems as if the eventType is not mapping properly to the published template, can you show enums and template config as well as the data ctx context.

As for real time events, they should be going to "Real Time Events".