Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

MTA configuration for local domain/localhost

Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to configure mta in local instance. I have already configured hmail server for localhost and have created a local domain known as localhost.com

Now when I am trying to configure mta the server stops because of below error1815249_pastedImage_0.png

I have don the following changes in respective instance:

Changes done in serverconf File:

<mta args="-tracefilter:nlmta" autoStart="true" dataLogPath="" debugPath="" dnsRequestLogDelayMs=""

errorPeriodSec="300" initScript="" logEmailErrors="true" logLevel="2" maxMemoryMb="1024"

maxProcessMemoryAlertMb="1800" maxProcessMemoryWarningMb="1600" minConnectionsToLog="100"

minErrorsToLog="1" minMessagesToLog="1000" notifRelay="" processRestartTime="06:00:00"

purgeDataLogDelay="15" retryLostMessages="true" runLevel="10" statServerAddress="localhost:7777"

statServerTLSSupport="true" statServerVersion="" verifyMode="false" workingPath="$(XTK_INSTALL_DIR)/var/$(INSTANCE_NAME)/mta/"

xMailer="nlserver, Build $(PRODUCT_VERSION)">

<relay address="localhost" port="25"/>

Changes done in instance config File:

<mta autoStart="true" statServerAddress="localhost">

<child>

<smtp>

<IPAffinity localDomain="localhost.com" name="default,mid.default,dev.default,test.default">

<!--  For dev instances, if you need a default IP (not recommended), use address="0.0.0.0" -->

<IP address="0.0.0.0" heloHost="" publicId="1" weight="5"/>

</IPAffinity>

</smtp>

</child>

</mta>

Any lead or any kind of solution will be of great help

2 Replies

Community Advisor

hi,

You should modify only instance config

In your instance conf, set autostart="true", and fill out the IP element, e.g.:

<IP address="0.0.0.0" heloHost="localhost.localdomain" publicId="1" weight="1"/>

Then restart nlserver6 service.

1816768_pastedImage_0.png

NB You have a relay address set in your serverConf.xml. If intended it should be moved to the instance conf- serverConf is supposed to be used as a read-only reference.

Thanks

David

David Kangni

Community Advisor

Hi,

Quick note- use 127.0.0.1 for relay address, for whatever reason whenever I tried localhost it would fail.

Thanks,

-Jon