Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

Issue in displaying content of email delivery

Level 4

Hi All,

We have spanish content in email .We are getting some numbers when there are some characters like ó ,á. Is there any way to fix this issue?

ex: ecológico is displayed as ecológico

Kindly provide some inputs if anyone faced similar kind of issue

Thanks,

Maheswari

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Maheswarik,

Most of the time, it happens when the character set differs between your AC instance and your template delivery and/or HTML charset declaration.

For instance if your database/AC instance uses Win1252 or ISO8859P13 (or some tables/columns) while the html template/delivery is made with utf8 encoding/charset. Or vice&versa for charsets.

In order to be sure, you can check real encoding of your html code by using an editor as Notepad++ or Ultraedit or other editor tools with their encoding tool; and either convert the html code or/and check coherence with your AC.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 4

Hi J-Serge,

how can i check what encoding my adobe campaign instance uses?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi,

It depends on your db. For postgres run this in a js activity in a workflow, then check the audit log:

logInfo(sqlGetString('select pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) from pg_database'));

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

This is a good reference for HTML encoded alternatives, which you'll want to make sure you're using in your source code for special characters rather than copying from another program or letting a WYSIWYG auto-encode for you: HTML Codes - Table of ascii characters and symbols