Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to proof test a continuous delivery ?

Level 3

Hi Team,

Can anyone suggest me the best method to perform proof test of a continuous delivery in Adobe Campaign Classic ?

Regards,

Anushka Rajan

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Create a delivery from the template used in the continuous delivery, then send proofs out of it.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 3

Hi Jon,

In my use case I am trying to send a proof of the delivery template with all the personalizations for which dynamic values will be obtained during the workflow execution. In the above mentioned method I would only be able to send a proof of the template without any personalizations.

Also the number of delivery templates is too high. Creating deliveries for each template and using them for proof testing would be quite time consuming.

Regards,

Anushka Rajan

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can also just use the delivery per normal:

1. Disconnect the input transition and disable its activities, make a new query etc for proof population and send
  2. When finished, clean up the workflow then 'touch' the template (open, add an 'x', delete the 'x', save), to tell continuous delivery to use a new delivery going forward.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Hi,

You can use a standard delivery activity for that with the below configuration, where the selected delivery template is the one you will use in your continuous delivery.

1752483_pastedImage_0.png

Within the template, you can specify a "Target of the Proofs" address. You can use recipient records or seed addresses:

1752509_pastedImage_1.png

Then, you can create a proofing workflow to sends proofs. In terms of keeping the personalisation, in your proofing workflow you can select your actual live audience (or a part of it).

The way this works, the target of the proofs will receive the proof, but the personalisation will be generated based on the select audience data (a random recipient record is selected from your data set to create said personalisation)

1752510_pastedImage_3.png

I would suggest also adding a limit to 1 record split, to limit the damage in case you forget to set "Action to perform" as "Send a proof".

Hope this helps,

Solon

Level 3

Thanks Jon and Solon.

But in my use case, I have more than 50 delivery templates that need to be proof tested and the above methods would be quite time consuming.

I would like to know if we could proof test using a continuous delivery activity ?

Regards,

Anushka Rajan

Level 5

Hi,

when you say you have 50 delivery templates to test, do you mean 1 delivery template to test with 50 variations of personnalization?

or 50 different delivery templates that should each be testing with some personnalization?

If it's the former you don't have a choice and need to configure 50 deliveries for your proof testing.

One handy trick you could use to gain some time, is to create a bunch of seed address templates.

You can also for each of them encode the additionnal data and target data.

After that you (re)use your seed addresses and their personnalized data.

How to use targetData in Seed Address

Kind regards,

Pierre

Level 3

Hi Pierre,

I have more than 50 different delivery templates that are configured using a continuous delivery activity and have been appended to the workflows.

Moreover, the link that you have provided states that "Target data works only with standard delivery; it will not function with recurring or continuous delivery." For the above method that you have mentioned, I would have to configure a standard delivery for each continuous delivery template that I have already configured in my workflows and then proof test it. Post that, I would have to undo all these changes; which seems to be a tedious task.

Could you please suggest a better approach to proof test these delivery templates using the continuous delivery activity itself rather than using any other delivery activity ?

Thanks & Regards,

Anushka Rajan

Level 5

Hi Anushka,

eventhough your final delivery will be a reccuring one, as Jon said you can use a regular delivery for your tests and proofs. For the classic deliveries that you will link to your templates, you can use the custom additional/target data of your seed addresses.

Could you share a printscreen of your workflow, because I'm not sure I understand how you use just 1 recurring delivery for all 50 delivery templates at ones in a single workflow?!?

If you are that determined to test all 50 delivery templates at the same time, the only alternative I see is putting all 50 HTML source codes in a single delivery template with lots of personnalization blocks and conditions such as <%if(variables.templateNumber == 43) {%> to load one part of the code at a time.

Kind regards,

Pierre

Level 3

Hi Pierre,

Kindly have a look at how my workflow would appear. There are a few more similar workflows. The activities highlighted in yellow are the delivery templates that need to be proof tested. As I have already configured continuous deliveries in all my campaign workflows, I would like to know if we could perform a proof test using a 'Continuous Delivery Activity' in Adobe Campaign Classic with the live data and without having to create another workflow for it ?

1779017_pastedImage_4.png

Thanks & Regards,

Anushka Rajan

Level 3

Hi Anushka

Were you able to find a solution for this?

Thanks

Leonie