Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How do I schedule a list purge every 6 months in Adobe Campaign Classic?

Level 2

Hi all,

I have set up a marketing workflow where every time I execute a monthly marketing campaign, the recipients are filtered to remove anyone who is on a list "list of campaign X recipients". The recipients who make it through that filtration processed get added to that "list of campaign X recipients" then go through the marketing workflow as per usual.

I dont want to send someone marketing emails more than once in a 6 month period, thus I have been manually checking the list pre-campaign each time and removing people who have been in the list for 6 months. Surely there is a way to automate this so that it happens automatically and I don't have to manually remove people from this exclusion list.

Please tell me how I can schedule an automatic process that removes people from a list who have been in that list more than 6 months.

Thanks so much in advance to you all

Bob

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

To add to Marcel's point, there is a 50 minute Office Hours session recording which you can view and fast track your learning about Pressure Rules Adobe Campaign: Campaign Optimization using Pressure rules

Employee

Hello Marcel,

Apart from using a pressure rule you can also probably have the list purged every six months. While creating the list you need to mention an expiry date for the list and on reaching this date , the cleanup workflow will purge that list.

Creating and managing lists

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

Is there any way to update expires on date automatically when we import from SFTP.

Thanks

Parthiban

Level 1

Hello,
You can create a SQL activity and add:

BEGIN
FOR c IN
(
select table_name
from all_tables
inner join bradapps.nmsgroup tmp
on instr(table_name,to_char(tmp.igroupid)) > 0
where table_name like 'GRP%'
and trunc(sysdate) - trunc(tmp.tscreated) > 31
and trunc(sysdate) - trunc(tmp.tslastmodified) > 31
order by table_name
)
LOOP
--BEGIN dbms_output.put_line ('table Name is') c.table_name;
EXECUTE immediate 'DROP TABLE '||c.table_name || ' CASCADE CONSTRAINTS';
END LOOP;
END ;
/

With this code, ACC will drop all the lists when lastModified date is older than 31 days.
So you are purging lists every month if tha