Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Creating and configuring new folder hierarchies quickly

Level 2

Hi I work at a charity organisation with 25 different marketing silos who break their folder structure up by year. Each folder has its own unique Plans, Programmes, Folders, Deliveries. Lists, Campaign and Delivery templates. Each with their own respective permissions.

Every year we will need to setup new folders for these teams with all the permissions and sub directories. This is really time consuming to setup and quality check.

Does anyone know a super quick way of doing this or is it literally going to be a painstaking job every single year?

Thanks,

5 Replies

Level 2

I just want to bump this up as I've investigated this further and came up blank.

Level 2

I have subsequently created the folder structures manually. The fastest method I've found thus far is to manually create each folder but using keyboard shortcuts to create lists, folders, generic folders, personalisation blocks and campaign/delivery templates.

I'm now working on a workflow that updates permissions from a CSV. Has anyone done this before? I've calculated that I will need to ensure that 35,000 tick boxes are ticked/unticked. Which is quite a laborious task.

Level 3

You could probably try exporting your folder structure in a package and manipulate it's XML contents, then import new structure. At least, everything you see in Console is actually an XML. For example, Lists folder with some rights on it is described as follow:

<?xml version='1.0'?>

<package author="" buildDate="2018-11-07 11:51:48.922Z"

buildNumber="" buildVersion="">

<entities schema="xtk:folder">

<folder entity="xtk:folder" image-name="fldrcpgrp.png" image-namespace="nms"

label="Lists" model="nmsGroup" name="nameFieldHere" order="9" schema="nms:group">

<parent _operation="none" name="nameFieldHere"/>

<rights inherit="1" propagate="1" rights="read">

<folder _operation="none" name="nameFieldHere"/>

<operator _operation="none" name="nameFieldHere" type="1"/>

</rights>

<rights inherit="1" propagate="1" rights="read">

<folder _operation="none" name="nameFieldHere"/>

<operator _operation="none" name="nameFieldHere" type="1"/>

</rights>

<where filteringSchema="nms:group"/>

</folder>

</entities>

</package>

Level 10

Hi Domintune,

Regarding the objects duplication, you should write a technical workflow to automate that stuff, by using a Javascript activity and the function session.DuplicateTo:

http://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/jsapi/sm-session-DuplicateTo.html?hl=duplicateto

Regards

J-Serge

Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me guys, really appreciate it!

So I kinda gave up trying to find a solution on the internet. I ended up doing this manually. I calculated it was something in excess of 35,000 check boxes in the end.

I feel like the answer is somewhere in between both of your replies.

andreyt99885240​ I've had trouble with this, normally I build it out in our Staging environment and subsequently importing to Main. There are always issues with the operators/operator groups.

Jean-Serge Biron​ thanks for the pointer, it looks like the right way to go although I'm not competent enough with javascript to get this to work.