Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕[Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] Aug 19th, 8am PT: Michael Henry, Senior Business Consultant☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, August 19th, 2021 @ 8am PT

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

We'll be joined by Michael Henry aka @michaelh9274144, Senior Business Consultant for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to his areas of expertise: 

• Adobe Campaign Classic Best Practices -
    • Workflow optimization
    • Monitoring best practices
    • Adding delivery channels
    • Message Center

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  • Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @michaelh9274144 
  • When exchanging messages with Michael about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Michael

Capture.PNG

Michael has over 11 years of experience with the Campaign platform concentrating on the business needs of the users and translating those into technical solutions.  Michael uses his expertise to help new customers implement Campaign and existing customers to get the most value from the tool.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

13 Replies

Level 2

@michaelh9274144 

Workflow optimization

Why are transitions spawning out of Fork activity not made to run concurrently?

For each campaign workflow, what should be the tolerable upper limit of memory for it's process on the server?

Message Center:

If an email address needs to be removed from Quarantine, why can't it be done from the Marketing instance and get reflected onto the RT automatically?

-wALF

Level 2

@harshalt9231438 wrote:

@michaelh9274144 

Workflow optimization

Why are transitions spawning out of Fork activity not made to run concurrently?

@harshalt9231438 Activities within a workflow are intended to run sequentially and not concurrently for all activities.  This is based on how the system was designed.

@harshalt9231438 wrote:

Message Center:

If an email address needs to be removed from Quarantine, why can't it be done from the Marketing instance and get reflected onto the RT automatically?

Typically when triggering an email to be sent from the Message Center it is done based on some action by the target recipients such as Password Reset Request, Ordering for Confirmation, etc.  These actions are the direct result of the recipient entering and email address and asking for something to be sent to them.  Filtering out addresses from Quarantine could result in someone entering their email to request something to be sent to them and then that email being excluded by the Quarantine.  For this reason it has not been the best practice to send Quarantine data from the Marketing instance to the RT instances as it would result in behavior not expected by the target recipient.

A best practice would be for the calling system to check the validity of the email address, and if it is not valid then a message can be immediately displayed to the recipient in the system where they have been initiating the action that would have sent the message.  This would result in a better customer experience than a situation where the email is just never sent from the RT.

Level 2

@michaelh9274144 

Is there a way we can choose NOT to write into broadLog table when the delivery gets executed?

-wALF

Level 2

What would be an example use case for when you would not want to track that a Delivery has been executed?  You do have flexibility to extend the broadLog table or do custom mapping to alternate tables to track delivery execution.

Level 2

@michaelh9274144 

Workflow optimization:

Why are database load utilities (example mload & fload in case of Teradata) not supported with ACC?  That would really really make inserting into tables & workflow temp tables faster.

-wALF

Level 2

I believe you are suggesting the ability to load the data directly to the database while bypassing ACC, this is accurate?  These have not been added in the product as there are layers within the ACC tool that massage the data prior to it being loaded to the database to support things such as links between tables, enumerations, etc.

If you are suggesting other functionality that would exist within ACC itself, such as enhancing the Data Loading Activities I would suggest adding the details within the Campaign Community product ideas for potential future enhancements https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-ideas/idb-p/adobe-campaign-c...

Administrator

Hi @michaelh9274144, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @isabellebee:

I'm testing day of send for a monthly newsletter. After my split I have a wait step asking the email to wait 48 hours until deploying the second test. (I'm testing Tuesday against Sunday).

We've just started using a same time optimization step - so this is new to us, is there any chance at all that group B will be sent the Test A as well as Test B as a duplication error?

Look forward to hearing back soon hopefully!

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/is-it-possible-to-...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

@isabellebee

Based on your description I am picturing a setup where you have done queries and other activities to determine your target population.  From there you then have a split where a percentage goes for Test A and a percentage goes to Test B.  That split should be setup so that there is no overlap between the Test A population and the Test B population, thus ensuring you cannot send both A and B to the any one recipient.

The Send Time Optimization activities would exist after the split, so again they would be repeated for Population A and Population B and there would be no overlap.

I hope this helps to clarify that you should not get duplicate sends to one Recipient.

Administrator

Hi @michaelh9274144, Here's another one from the Community -
This question was originally posted by Community member @daver37819942 :

Is there a way to update/use different fonts in push messaging?

Can this be accomplished in Classic or Standard?

Examples, thoughts, opinions?

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/how-to-update-cont...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

@daver37819942  the delivery editors within ACC and ACS do not have any built in functionality that would aid in altering the font of the notification being pushed through the SDK to the mobile app.  I would suggest researching your mobile SDK to see if it allows notifications with different fonts to be used and how that is achieved.  If it is a mater of using tags around the text then a test would be add those tags to the message within your ACC or ACS instance and do some testing and validation to see if the tags pass along through the SDK and are then translated by the APP to show in the desired font.  In short though there is no built in functionality within the Campaign Products for this feature.

Administrator

Hey @michaelh9274144, While you are at it, it would be super helpful if you could also take this one up for the Community - 

This question was originally posted by Community member @yueminspb  :

Hi team,

We just want to define only one email delivery template with attachment, but the attachment would be different in paralleled sub-flow. So,  could we use one delivery template to send several email with different attachments simultaneously in a workflow

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/how-use-one-delive...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

@yueminspb 

From a deliverability best practice sending emails with attachments is not usually recommended.  Many ISP's and other spam filters will see these deliveries and either block them or mark them as spam.  An alternate method would be to include a link, which can be secured, within the email itself where the recipient can retrieve the document.  If this method could meet your business needs it would allow you to achieve the desired behavior of having a single delivery with the links for multiple attachments, you would then use dynamic code to determine which link to show to which recipient.

If there is a regulation or other business reason that requires the document to be sent as an attachment I do believe you will need separate deliveries, one for each specific document as you can only attach one document to a delivery and it is not something dynamic where you can choose which to attach at send time.

Unless you can utilize the method shared within the prior link about personalized PDF's, https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/personalizing-deliver... which are attachments that are unique per recipient.  I believe it would depend on the differences between the documents you want to send and if those differences could be met with some dynamic text that is made part of the target data and then passed into the PDF generating function.  This may be more effort though then just creating multiple deliveries for the various attachments you need to send.

Administrator

Thanks a lot @michaelh9274144 for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was extremely helpful for the Community. We look forward to having you around more often in here. 

Sukrity Wadhwa